Director of IPSY for Good
IPSY is looking for a Director of IPSY for Good to lead the vision, strategy and execution for our social impact work, including corporate social responsibility and philanthropic initiatives. You will report into the Chief Brand Officer and will work together across multiple departments to ensure our social impact program is fully integrated across the organization.
Are you passionate, motivational, ambitious and have a deep desire to support the brand’s mission? Do you demonstrate an authentic connection to and understanding of IPSY’s mission, business, and community and embody the company’s dedication to member experience? If so, this role is for you.
- Lead all CSR and philanthropic efforts at IPSY, working in close partnership with key partners. Develop overarching objectives, strategy, investment recommendations, and handle budget & roadmap across all relevant teams at IPSY with 3 main areas of focus:
- Lead the IPSY Be Yourself Collective, a group of accomplished leaders IPSY is bringing together to promote diversity and inclusion in beauty through self-expression. Your role will be to identify, recommend funding and activate around issues to advance the Collective’s mission through philanthropy.
- Partner with cross-functional team leaders to identify areas to build sustainable impact within IPSY’s business operation (e.g., recyclable packaging, clean ingredients, carbon footprint, energy efficient corporate facilities, labor initiatives, brand partner filters, etc.). Build a comprehensive corporate sustainability roadmap for the company, with clear commitments, targets and timelines.
- Craft IPSY’s community and local social impact strategy. Identify partners and initiatives to support in IPSY’s local communities and drive engagement strategy for key constituents (e.g., brand partners, members, employees).
- Lead the communication strategy for IPSY’s social impact work, in partnership with Marketing and PR Teams, to address all major constituents, including industry & trade, members, and employees.
- Establish critical metrics and lead measurement efforts for all social impact initiatives and develop quarterly and annual CSR/social impact reports to be shared with key partners.
- Assess the competitive landscape and CSR trends to guide recommendations for future strategies.
- 10+ years experience in social impact, CSR, philanthropy or community relations.
- You have understanding of the beauty or lifestyle consumer industries.
- Entrepreneurial approach and ability to launch and run programs and initiatives.
- You understand what drives social change and can identify and vet opportunities that align with IPSY for Good’s vision.
- You have strong writing, communication and presentation skills.
- Consistent track record of critical thinking as it relates to CSR and local/community social impact.
- Deep understanding of marketing channels and consumer touch points, especially digital & social.
- Ability to plan and facilitate meetings with high level executive & celebrity audiences.
- Ability to work cross functionally and reciprocally with multiple departments.
- Excellent internal and external networking skills.
- Passionate storyteller, able to craft messaging and communications to build CSR awareness and momentum to inspire others.
- Reporting & analytical skills.
- Strong ability with Power Point, Word, Excel and Google Docs.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
IPSY was founded with one singular mission: to inspire individuals around the world to express their unique beauty. That’s how the IPSY Glam Bag came to life. With five products personalized for you—plus articles, videos, and more on ipsy.com—you’re free to try new things and express who you are. IPSY Shopper takes our mission to the next level by making beauty more accessible, rewarding, and liberating than ever before. And with IPSY Gen Beauty, Open Studios, and all the creator content that we post each day, our intention has remained the same: to give every individual the tools to form their own definition of beauty. With over 3M members and 8K digital content creators in our community, and generating over half a billion monthly content views, we’re just getting started.
IPSY is headquartered in the Bay Area with an office in New York City and a studio production and editing facility in Los Angeles. The company achieved profitability in its first year and raised a series B round of $100M with Sherpa Capital and TPG in 2015. We owe all of our success to our inspiring, energizing employees who make exceptional things happen every single day—fearless thinking, tenacity, and a pioneering spirit push us forward. From marketing and media to engineering and operations, we are united in our goal to democratize beauty, making it accessible and affordable for everyone and fearlessly representing individuality and inclusivity. We dream. We empower. We create. And we have great fun doing it together.