Senior Software Engineer, Personalization
IPSY is the largest beauty subscription in the world, with over 3 million monthly members, and the first brand to combine a rich community platform with a highly personalized commerce experience. Headquartered in San Mateo, with offices in New York and Santa Monica, IPSY brings together a diverse group of rule-breaking thinkers and creative problem solvers with a penchant for getting things done. From Marketing and Media to Engineering and Operations, we stand together to celebrate individuality and inclusivity—and we’re just getting started.
About the Role:
We are looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer to be a part of our growing Personalization team! You will be responsible for improving the performance of our custom personalization algorithms for both speed and utility. An example problem includes picking 5 products from an assortment of up to 100 products for 3 million users to improve the expected happiness rating across all users.
Do you thrive in a fluid, high-performance, and ambitious environment? Do you have a real passion for learning and innovating? If so, we want to hear from you!
What We’re Looking For:
- Strong knowledge of Java and at least one other programming language
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience
- Experience with recommender systems or personalization
- Experience working with big data (distributed computing and analytics) tools, e.g. Hadoop or Spark
- Experience in production environments with large data sets
- Strong communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, or equivalent field
Bonus if You Have:
- Experience with constrained optimization problems
- Experience with algorithms like k-means clustering or minimum cost-maximum flow
- Experience with mixed-integer linear programming
- Experience with Airflow
- Experience with project or team leadership
- Knowledge of machine learning methods
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary & equity grants
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Annual bonus program
- Paid time off & work from home flexibility
- Free Glam Bag Plus subscription
- Learning & development programs
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.