Growth Manager, Retention
IPSY is looking for a Growth Manager to develop and implement new programs focused on improving long-term member retention. You have experience across Growth Marketing, Product Management, Analytics, and Business Strategy, with expertise in at least one of these areas. We’re seeking a growth-minded individual who starts with the member and works back into programs and experiments, addressing their specific needs and moving key business metrics. Are you willing to go deep on program execution? Can you balance long-term initiatives with short-term optimization to ensure we hit ambitious targets while setting ourselves up for step-change growth in the future? If so, we want to hear from you. You’ll play a key role in developing IPSY’s overarching retention strategy and prioritization, working cross-functionally across the org to drive new initiatives from conception to launch. This role reports to the Director of Retention on the Growth Team.
- You will be responsible for hitting ambitious quarterly targets for member churn.
- Analyze member demographic and behavioral data, conversion funnels, experiment data, and qualitative member insights to find opportunities others don’t see.
- Working cross-functionally with Product, Analytics, Engineering, and Marketing, you will define and prioritize high-impact growth initiatives, then lead them to market.
- Own retention experimentation and optimization, with laser focus on moving retention metrics.
- Use data to develop segmentation and targeting strategy for new and existing initiatives, delivering personalized experiences at every interaction with IPSY.
- Bachelor’s degree required – ideally in a quantitative/technical field, business, or marketing (MBA is a plus).
- You have 6+ years experience in a relevant growth role: Product Manager, Growth Marketing Manager, Product Marketing Manager, Performance Analytics, Business Analyst, Growth Strategist, etc.
- You have a quantitative mindset and experience with financial modeling, SQL, R, or other analytical projects.
- 3+ years experience driving growth programs with validated impact.
- 3+ years developing and executing A/B tests; analyzing and translating data into business and consumer insights.
- You are focused on business strategy with an eye for delighting the member.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Fervent attention to detail – you are confident deploying programs and features to millions of users error free.
- You are passionate about digging into data to discover insights and understand not just “what” the data tells but the “why” behind the numbers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
IPSY was founded with one singular mission: to inspire individuals around the world to express their unique beauty. That’s how the IPSY Glam Bag came to life. With five products personalized for you—plus articles, videos, and more on ipsy.com—you’re free to try new things and express who you are. IPSY Shopper takes our mission to the next level by making beauty more accessible, rewarding, and liberating than ever before. And with IPSY Gen Beauty, Open Studios, and all the creator content that we post each day, our intention has remained the same: to give every individual the tools to form their own definition of beauty. With over 3M members and 8K digital content creators in our community, and generating over half a billion monthly content views, we’re just getting started.
IPSY is headquartered in the Bay Area with an office in New York City and a studio production and editing facility in Los Angeles. The company achieved profitability in its first year and raised a series B round of $100M with Sherpa Capital and TPG in 2015. We owe all of our success to our inspiring, energizing employees who make exceptional things happen every single day—fearless thinking, tenacity, and a pioneering spirit push us forward. From marketing and media to engineering and operations, we are united in our goal to democratize beauty, making it accessible and affordable for everyone and fearlessly representing individuality and inclusivity. We dream. We empower. We create. And we have great fun doing it together.