Lifecycle Marketing Manager
IPSY is the largest beauty subscription in the world, with over 3 million monthly members, and the first brand to combine a rich community platform with a highly personalized commerce experience. Headquartered in San Mateo, with offices in New York and Santa Monica, IPSY brings together a diverse group of rule-breaking thinkers and creative problem solvers with a penchant for getting things done. From Marketing and Media to Engineering and Operations, we stand together to celebrate individuality and inclusivity—and we’re just getting started!
About the Role:
We are looking for a Lifecycle Marketing Manager to lead the strategic execution of marketing initiatives across our site and channels (email, push, in-app) to increase average revenue per user. This role will lead a small team of marketers focused on improving the customization of our product experience. That includes everything from encouraging users to choose products for their bag, to developing targeted flows to upsell users to the right plan to fit their beauty needs, to owning the e-commerce marketing strategy for our members. You will work cross-functionally with Design, Engineering, Product, Data, Merchandising, Customer Service, and Operations to build new personalized experiences to delight our members, increase user LTV, and build our brand. You should have proven success and experience leading others, driving decisions through data, building omni-channel personalized experiences, and increasing user LTV.
This is an incredible opportunity to work at an innovative tech start-up in the beauty space, doing the most advanced marketing and content personalization in the industry. Do you enjoy the role of player-coach and are equally comfortable developing strategies, leading others while going deep and working in the weeds? Do you love using direct communication channels as part of an integrated, multi-channel marketing effort to get results at a fast-growing company? If so, we want to hear from you!
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Lead and work alongside your team as you develop site, email, push, and in-app marketing strategies to decrease churn and increase LTV
- Be an authority on personalization and customization; utilizing a deep understanding of member mindset and behavior to increase revenue, improving the member journey, and building our brand
- Train and develop other marketers to execute increasingly sophisticated lifecycle marketing programs, focused on using data for advanced personalization and automation
- Use data to monitor the performance of customization programs and identify areas for improvement; generate and test hypotheses
- Communicate key insights and optimize customization programs based on analysis driven by data
- Lead complex, highly cross-functional initiatives to deliver business requirements, create project plans, and drive on-time execution
- Lead ongoing monthly triggered and transactional communication to active subscribers (e.g. tracking, payment notification, spoiler alert, shipping, etc.)
- Be a strong voice on the team for all customization-related discussions, meetings, and brainstorms including changes to the business, strategy, product, and brand
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree – ideally in Business, Marketing, a quantitative, or technical field
- 5+ years developing lifecycle programs; comfortable with segmentation, automation strategy, marketing using digital channels (email, in-app, push, etc.)
- 3+ years experience working directly in an enterprise-grade ESP (Iterable, Braze, ExactTarget, Responsys, etc.); experience with multi-step workflows, QA, hitting send and reporting
- 2+ years experience leading a team(s)
- 2+ years developing and executing A/B tests to decrease churn, using email, push, and site initiatives
- Experience with quantitative analytics; experience translating data into business and member insights
- Fervent attention to detail; you are confident deploying emails to millions of members free of grammar, spelling, typos, and other deployment errors
- Cross-functional team experience and proven ability to work cross-functionally to execute a vision through consensus building, negotiation, and data-driven persuasion
- Creative thinking and ability to test out-of-the-box solutions
- Scrappy ability to get stuff done, roll up your sleeves, and tackle something hands-on
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with Excel, experience with financial modeling and/or SQL/R a plus
- Familiar with analytics dashboards (e.g. Tableau, GA)
- Light HTML experience required
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary & equity grants
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Annual bonus program
- Paid time off & work from home flexibility
- Free Glam Bag Plus subscription
- Learning & development programs
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact us.