Office Manager, BFA
IPSY is the largest beauty subscription in the world, with over 3 million monthly members, and the first brand to combine a rich community platform with a highly personalized commerce experience. Headquartered in San Mateo, with offices in New York and Santa Monica, IPSY brings together a diverse group of rule-breaking thinkers and creative problem solvers with a penchant for getting things done. From Marketing and Media to Engineering and Operations, we stand together to celebrate individuality and inclusivity—and we’re just getting started.
About the Role:
The Office Manager at BFA Industries will take a highly visible role in supporting the company by cultivating a positive and productive workplace. Your mission is to wear multiple hats to ensure that every member of the team has a daily work experience that is smooth, efficient, and rewarding. You will be responsible for overseeing office operations, and all the relationships that make the office tick. You will also help manage our Front Desk Coordinator and ensure that our safety protocol is followed.
Our ideal candidate is a motivated self-starter, with a strong sense of urgency and obsessive attention to detail. They are driven and find satisfaction in extreme organization. They are also able to balance several high-priority projects at a time while maintaining a positive attitude. This role reports to the Facilities Director.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Be responsible for ordering, organizing, and inventorying snacks, catered lunches, and beverages, while adhering to budget and ensuring variety and consistent levels. You will also stock our kitchens and storage rooms
- Support front desk duties: meet, greet, gatekeep, receive packages, create shipping labels, etc.
- Be our safety gatekeeper: Our office is currently only open by appointment, but Facilities is onsite daily to support all shipping and receiving activities, as well as some equipment sign-out. OM will ensure COVID protocol is still adhered to and will perform nightly sanitizing. However, as we slowly open the office, the OM will ensure that employees and guests are adhering to our safety guidelines and its ever-changing protocol
- Assist with onboarding new hires (currently virtual)
- Coordinate company-sponsored group activities and events including, happy hours, holiday parties, baby showers, personalized care kits, off-site building events, etc.
- Manage all vendor relationships flawlessly (from ideation to everyday interaction) - being an amazing contract negotiator and communicator
- Manage the acquisition of all office services and equipment, ensuring the proper function of all office equipment from copiers, to microwaves and dishwashers
- Keep the office immaculate; clean, organized, functional, and ready to create great things. While also gently encouraging others to do the same by providing necessary tools and organizational aids
- Managing building services and ensure that cleanliness is on point by communicating clearly with day porters and account managers - daily if needed
- Anticipate the needs of various teams and the company as a whole
- Create, update and improve SOP’s while maintaining office runbook and company newsletter
- Assist with scheduling meetings and management of exec schedules, as needed
- Engage teams virtually via slack and various ‘all hands’ activities
- Additional duties and projects as assigned
What We’re Looking For:
- 3-5 years of work experience in a professional setting as a facilities planner, coordinator, or manager
- Desire to work in a fast-paced high growth environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, Google Apps, Asana & JIRA
- Obsessive attention to detail and organization
- Proven ability to prioritize within a multitasking environment; highly organized
- No matter how big or how small the task, you approach it with energy and enthusiasm
- Ability to work autonomously with a team-first mentality
- MUST care about people and their professional happiness, must be personable and approachable
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary & equity grants
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Annual bonus program
- Paid time off & work from home flexibility
- Free Glam Bag Plus subscription
- Learning & development programs
We are an equal opportunity employer who celebrates diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact us.