Business Analyst, Personalization Operations
IPSY is the largest beauty subscription in the world, with over 3 million monthly members, and the first brand to combine a rich community platform with a highly personalized commerce experience. Headquartered in San Mateo, with offices in New York and Santa Monica, IPSY brings together a diverse group of rule-breaking thinkers and creative problem solvers with a penchant for getting things done. From Marketing and Media to Engineering and Operations, we stand together to celebrate individuality and inclusivity—and we’re just getting started.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Business Analyst to provide analytics support to drive decision-making related to personalization and customer experience! The analyst’s key role will be to help run IPSY's monthly subscription personalization algorithm, to match subscribers to their monthly products, and to play part in the customer’s glam bag experience. After 12+ months and mastering the execution of the personalization role, there will be an opportunity to rotate into other business analyst roles in Operations (e.g., payments, shipping, warehouse operations, inventory planning). This role is highly collaborative and the business analyst will work closely with Inbound, Merchandising, and Engineering teams.
Do you have strong modeling skills, attention to detail, a positive professional attitude, and the ability to work in a team environment? If so, we want to hear from you!
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Develop monthly personalization models and determine product allocations based on customers’ preferences and data integration
- Iterate testing of production and beta optimization models; execute A/B tests
- Provide insights on personalization results
- Develop and implement processes to support scalability
- Support ad hoc analyses to drive strategic decisions within Operations
- Present complex data and analyses to non-technical audiences
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, or applied quantitative field
- 1-2 years of work experience in analytical, engineering, or consulting role
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Access
- Experience with large datasets is required. SQL experience is preferred
- Strong analytical and a high degree of accuracy is required
- Ability to manage time effectively, set priorities, and meet deadlines
- Ability to work on a team and collaborate with other partners
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, project management, and communication skills
- Knowledge of statistics
- Flexible demeanor and ability to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
Bonus if You Have:
- Experience with personalization
- Understanding of linear programming and constrained optimization
- Interest in and knowledge of beauty, style, and makeup
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary & equity grants
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Annual bonus program
- Paid time off & work from home flexibility
- Free Glam Bag Plus subscription
- Learning & development programs
We are an equal opportunity employer who celebrates diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact us.