Data Platform Architect
IPSY is the largest beauty subscription in the world, with over 3 million monthly members, and the first brand to combine a rich community platform with a highly personalized commerce experience. Headquartered in San Mateo, with offices in New York and Santa Monica, IPSY brings together a diverse group of rule-breaking thinkers and creative problem solvers with a penchant for getting things done. From Marketing and Media to Engineering and Operations, we stand together to celebrate individuality and inclusivity—and we’re just getting started.
About the Role:
We are looking for a passionate and experienced Data Platform Architect to provide technical leadership and to help build the next-gen data platform. You will be responsible for building high-scale data pipelines and data infrastructure. You will also work with our Analytics and other engineering teams to build modern data infrastructure and drive business decisions.
Are you a highly driven leader that is known to deliver in startup-like and highly dynamic environments? If so, we want to hear from you.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Hands-on leadership, influence, and development of all things data infrastructure and services
- Develop modern data architectural approaches for business intelligence reporting and analytics, including that for machine learning models and data science
- Design, develop, and optimize existing ETL processes that process data from disparate sources for consumption by data analysts and scientists, business owners, and decisions makers
- Deep understanding of streaming data architectures and technologies for real-time and low-latency data processing
- Solve complex data analytics problems and provide scalable solutions, delivering high performance with high volume data
What We’re Looking For:
- Experience in modern data processing technologies and real-time/low-latency data pipeline and ETL architectures
- Experience in a variety of data storage platforms ( Redshift, Snowflake, Postgres, Oracle)
- Experience in defining Data Warehouse and Data Lake standards, guidelines, and best practices for business groups and technical teams
- In-depth knowledge of systems like Spark, Flink, Hadoop ecosystem technologies, and other data processing frameworks
- Proven track record in architecting and delivering complex data infrastructure projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technical concepts and technologies to business leaders and other engineering teams
Bonus if You Have:
- Knowledge of machine learning methods
- Experience with recommender systems, personalization, or search
- Experience working in AWS cloud computing environment – S3, EMR, Lambda, RDS, DynamoDB, etc.
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, or equivalent field
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary & equity grants
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Annual bonus program
- Paid time off & work from home flexibility
- Free Glam Bag Plus subscription
- Learning & development programs
We are an equal opportunity employer who celebrates diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact us.