Senior Manager, Tax
IPSY is the largest beauty subscription in the world, with over 3 million monthly members, and the first brand to combine a rich community platform with a highly personalized commerce experience. Headquartered in San Mateo, with offices in New York and Santa Monica, IPSY brings together a diverse group of rule-breaking thinkers and creative problem solvers with a penchant for getting things done. From Marketing and Media to Engineering and Operations, we stand together to celebrate individuality and inclusivity—and we’re just getting started.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Senior Manager, Tax to drive accurate, compliant, and timely tax compliance. You will be an owner of the vision and overall success of the tax reporting at IPSY.
Are you a CPA with a Masters's degree in taxation with an interest to grow your career in the industry by expanding your technical knowledge and experience while also acquiring and growing critical operational and strategic tax skills with upward mobility? If so, we want to hear from you.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Manage indirect tax with an emphasis on sales and use tax, nexus, and international sales tax risk
- Own income tax and related provision filings internationally to ensure all filings are completed both timely and accurately
- Manage the quarterly provision including any deferred balances and any related uncertain tax positions with external experts
- Build international tax strategy and planning to allow for the most optimal conclusion.
- Own all communications with local tax authorities
- Draft and implement key policies and procedures and drive implementation and training of new tax regulations
- Assist with mergers and acquisitions including due diligence, purchase price accounting and integration and preparation of SEC & other filings related to acquisitions, as applicable, including the preparation of pro forma financial information
- Maintain the relationship with external auditors, provide pragmatic solutions and alternatives to challenging reporting requests and inquiries
- Collaborate cross-functionally to build streamlined and scalable processes and achieve maximum efficiency to support growth
- Ownership of monthly flux variance analysis and thorough understanding of monthly results
- Collaborate with the Legal, Member Journey, and IpsyCare to develop releases, communication, and compliance
- Drive system-wide improvements by collaborating with revenue operations and engineering teams through new system implementations and data management
What We’re Looking For:
- 10+ years of relevant work experience driving the corporate tax strategy. Ideally with Big 4, public company and IPO experience (4+ years at a Big 4 public accounting firm at the Manager+ level) with a focus on indirect tax and interest to grow significantly on the direct tax side
- A hands-on style and the ability to prioritize and deliver results in a fast-moving company with a wide variety of strategic initiative
- Strong regulatory background with a thorough knowledge of the IRS Regs and complementary knowledge of U.S. GAAP, SOX 404, and SEC reporting standards
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization, from staff to executives, and manage relationships with external parties
- Experiences in IRS filings, M-1 reconciliations, GAAP reporting requirements, maintenance of appropriate documentation to support all disclosures in SEC filings
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary & equity grants
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Annual bonus program
- Paid time off & work from home flexibility
- Free Glam Bag Plus subscription
- Learning & development programs
We are an equal opportunity employer who celebrates diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact us.