IPSY is searching for a hardworking Copywriter to support our marketing copy needs and be a guardian for our brand voice amongst our business partners in our San Mateo office. You will support cross-functional business partners and partner with the Creative, Marketing, Merchandising, and Product teams.
Are you passionate about beauty, highly organized, and a creative, thoughtful wordsmith who knows how to romance and create an authentic, emotional connection with their audience? Do you want to be part of an exceptional team and loves the challenge of turning marketing copy (which is somewhat transactional language) into something special and unique? Can you thrive in a fast-paced environment, handle time efficiently, work on multiple projects concurrently, and all with a meticulous eye for detail? If so, this role is for you.
- Ensure that all cross-functional teams are on brand and that all language written sounds like IPSY.
- Write editorial and marketing copy to support IPSY’s Member Journey across email, social media, digital ads, and product/landing pages.
- Edit, proof, and fact-check copy.
- Work closely with designers and marketers to ensure all writing delivers on business and project objectives and incorporates insights and findings from prior testing.
- 3+ years experience writing performance marketing copy for beauty, fashion, or women’s lifestyle brands.
- You have the ability to multi-task and hustle in a fluid, fast-paced environment.
- Strong social skills to collaborate effectively with designers, marketers, and other cross-functional partners.
- Love of detail and highly organized.
- You are open-minded and resourceful with a knack for problem solving.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
IPSY was founded with one singular mission: to inspire individuals around the world to express their unique beauty. That’s how the IPSY Glam Bag came to life. With five products personalized for you—plus articles, videos, and more on ipsy.com—you’re free to try new things and express who you are. IPSY Shopper takes our mission to the next level by making beauty more accessible, rewarding, and liberating than ever before. And with IPSY Gen Beauty, Open Studios, and all the creator content that we post each day, our intention has remained the same: to give every individual the tools to form their own definition of beauty. With over 3M members and 8K digital content creators in our community, and generating over half a billion monthly content views, we’re just getting started.
IPSY is headquartered in the Bay Area with an office in New York City and a studio production and editing facility in Los Angeles. The company achieved profitability in its first year and raised a series B round of $100M with Sherpa Capital and TPG in 2015. We owe all of our success to our inspiring, energizing employees who make exceptional things happen every single day—fearless thinking, tenacity, and a pioneering spirit push us forward. From marketing and media to engineering and operations, we are united in our goal to democratize beauty, making it accessible and affordable for everyone and fearlessly representing individuality and inclusivity. We dream. We empower. We create. And we have great fun doing it together.