IPSY is the largest beauty subscription in the world, with over 3 million monthly members, and the first brand to combine a rich community platform with a highly personalized commerce experience. Headquartered in San Mateo, with offices in New York and Santa Monica, IPSY brings together a diverse group of rule-breaking thinkers and creative problem solvers with a penchant for getting things done. From Marketing and Media to Engineering and Operations, we stand together to celebrate individuality and inclusivity—and we’re just getting started.
About the Role:
We are looking for a hardworking Copywriter to support our marketing copy needs and be a guardian for our brand voice amongst our business partners in our San Mateo office. You will support cross-functional business partners and partner with the Creative, Marketing, Merchandising, and Product teams.
Are you passionate about beauty, highly organized, and a creative, thoughtful wordsmith who knows how to romance and create an authentic, emotional connection with their audience? Do you want to be part of an exceptional team and loves the challenge of turning marketing copy (which is somewhat transactional language) into something special and unique? Can you thrive in a fast-paced environment, handle time efficiently, work on multiple projects concurrently, and all with a meticulous eye for detail? If so, we want to hear from you!
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Ensure that all cross-functional teams are on brand and that all language written sounds like IPSY
- Write editorial and marketing copy to support IPSY’s Member Journey across email, social media, digital ads, and product/landing pages
- Edit, proof, and fact-check copy
- Work closely with designers and marketers to ensure all writing delivers on business and project objectives and incorporates insights and findings from prior testing
What We’re Looking For:
- 3+ years experience writing performance marketing copy for beauty, fashion, or women’s lifestyle brands
- Ability to multi-task and hustle in a fluid, fast-paced environment
- Strong social skills to collaborate effectively with designers, marketers, and other cross-functional partners
- Love of detail and highly organized
- Open-minded and resourceful with a knack for problem-solving
- Bachelor’s degree required
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary & equity grants
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Annual bonus program
- Paid time off & work from home flexibility
- Free Glam Bag Plus subscription
- Learning & development programs
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.