Director of Merchandising
IPSY is looking for a hardworking and strategic Director of Merchandising, who will be a key member of the leadership team driving IPSY into its next stage of growth.
You will focus on furthering IPSY’s mission to inspire individuals around the world to express their unique beauty by developing, owning and executing our Merchandising strategy. You will also be tasked with developing and communicating a merchandising vision, monitoring the competitive landscape, conducting market research related to IPSY’s product assortment, and working closely with the VP of Brand Partnerships and Head of the Glam Bag Portfolio to delight our 3M+ members monthly.
Are you analytical, inventive, creative, and love beauty? If so, this role is for you.
- Develop IPSY’s merchandising vision and communicating that vision with leadership.
- Delight the IPSY community by evolving the merchandising strategy to align with shifting trends and member sentiment.
- Partner with the Brand Partnerships team to get the best brands and products to our members.
- Keep senior management informed of merchandising strategies, wins, and challenges.
- Partner with Head of different membership businesses to deliver product COGs targets and ideal merchandise assortment to deliver a delightful and personalized experience.
- Ensure a personalized member experience by ensuring thoughtful inputs for IPSY’s personalization process.
- Ensuring the best education/information is shared with our members.
- Lead a team of merchants with expertise in color, tools, skincare and haircare categories. Coach them to excellence.
- Expand into new merchandise categories as IPSY evolves the business.
- Bachelor’s degree required and an MBA from a premier school preferred.
- 10+ years of work experience with experience as either a Divisional Merchandise Manager or Director of Merchandising is a requirement. Beauty merchandising experience strongly preferred.
- Committed to the member experience.
- Experience analyzing markets and trends, anticipating and finding opportunities and developing strategic insights.
- You have extraordinary organizational and time-management abilities (a lover of lists and timelines). Excellent work ethic and sense of ownership and accountability.
- Confirmed ability to work within a dynamic, startup environment. Stays calm and collected under pressure. Comfort with quick decision-making.
- Excellent business discernment and quantitative skills.
- Clear demonstration of internal cross-functional partnership and collaboration.
- You have strong social skills; excellent presentation and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PPT) and Google Documents.
- You have a real passion for beauty and our mission.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
IPSY was founded with one singular mission: to inspire individuals around the world to express their unique beauty. That’s how the IPSY Glam Bag came to life. With five products personalized for you—plus articles, videos, and more on ipsy.com—you’re free to try new things and express who you are. IPSY Shopper takes our mission to the next level by making beauty more accessible, rewarding, and liberating than ever before. And with IPSY Gen Beauty, Open Studios, and all the creator content that we post each day, our intention has remained the same: to give every individual the tools to form their own definition of beauty. With over 3M members and 8K digital content creators in our community, and generating over half a billion monthly content views, we’re just getting started.
IPSY is headquartered in the Bay Area with an office in New York City and a studio production and editing facility in Los Angeles. The company achieved profitability in its first year and raised a series B round of $100M with Sherpa Capital and TPG in 2015. We owe all of our success to our inspiring, energizing employees who make exceptional things happen every single day—fearless thinking, tenacity, and a pioneering spirit push us forward. From marketing and media to engineering and operations, we are united in our goal to democratize beauty, making it accessible and affordable for everyone and fearlessly representing individuality and inclusivity. We dream. We empower. We create. And we have great fun doing it together.