Senior Database Engineer, PostgreSQL (Toronto)
IPSY is the largest beauty subscription in the world, with over 3 million monthly members, and the first brand to combine a rich community platform with a highly personalized commerce experience. Headquartered in San Mateo, with offices in New York and Santa Monica, IPSY brings together a diverse group of rule-breaking thinkers and creative problem solvers with a penchant for getting things done. From Marketing and Media to Engineering and Operations, we stand together to celebrate individuality and inclusivity—and we’re just getting started.
About the Role:
We are looking for an experienced PostgreSQL Database Engineer to join our growing Engineering team! You will be responsible for database performance tuning and the overall health of our databases in the AWS RDS/Aurora environments. You will also work with other engineers to build good data infrastructure and monitor and ensure accurate database usage.
Are you hands-on and thrive in a fluid, high-performance, entrepreneurial environment? Do you have a passion for learning and innovating? If so, we want to hear from you!
What We’re Looking For:
- Expert-level knowledge of PostgreSQL
- Expert-level knowledge of cloud database systems (AWS), AWS RDS, Aurora PostgreSQL
- Experience in SQL, query optimization, and Schema design
- Experience in setting up best practices, processes, and governance for Databases management
- Proactively monitor and manage critical production systems
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
Bonus if You Have:
- Experience with Amazon Redshift/Snowflake
- Experience with big data and analytics tools
- Experience with ETL pipelines
- Experience with data warehousing
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary & equity grants
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Annual bonus program
- Paid time off & work from home flexibility
- Free Glam Bag Plus subscription
- Learning & development programs
We are an equal opportunity employer who celebrates diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact us.