We are looking for an enthusiastic and insightful Data Analyst, reporting to our VP of Analytics. You will play a key role in being a cross functional business partner while delivering high quality analyses and actionable recommendations. Do you have strong business insight with the desire to go deep and understand the core drivers of member behavior? Are you passionate about our members and using data for significant business impact? If so, this role is for you.
- Develop frameworks that improve our understanding of the member and effectively communicate insights across the organization.
- Collaborate with executives regularly and make our data and methodologies come to life.
- Identify areas of analytic opportunity within IPSY and work with great focus to implement your vision.
- Build and run models to forecast key company metrics and to better understand the underlying drivers of their performance.
- Design and analyze A/B tests to drive KPI improvements.
- Develop dashboards to inform business decisions with an emphasis on automation and scalability.
- Partner with Engineering to optimize data tracking/quality and drive data warehouse improvements.
- 2-4 years of experience performing analysis for an eCommerce or internet company.
- Superb communicator with strong eye for business and social skills.
- Bachelor's degree or Masters in Math, Engineering, Statistics or other quantitative field, with a track record of academic excellence.
- History of deriving actionable insights from complex datasets.
- Deep understanding of Statistics with ability to explain statistical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Excellent SQL and data warehouse skills. Experience writing complex queries on large data sets.
- Expertise with data visualization and dashboard tools such as Tableau, Looker, or equivalent.
- Experience with predictive modeling and scripting languages a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
IPSY was founded with one singular mission: to inspire individuals around the world to express their unique beauty. That’s how the IPSY Glam Bag came to life. With five products personalized for you—plus articles, videos, and more on ipsy.com—you’re free to try new things and express who you are. IPSY Shopper takes our mission to the next level by making beauty more accessible, rewarding, and liberating than ever before. And with IPSY Gen Beauty, Open Studios, and all the creator content that we post each day, our intention has remained the same: to give every individual the tools to form their own definition of beauty. With over 3M members and 8K digital content creators in our community, and generating over half a billion monthly content views, we’re just getting started.
IPSY is headquartered in the Bay Area with an office in New York City and a studio production and editing facility in Los Angeles. The company achieved profitability in its first year and raised a series B round of $100M with Sherpa Capital and TPG in 2015. We owe all of our success to our inspiring, energizing employees who make exceptional things happen every single day—fearless thinking, tenacity, and a pioneering spirit push us forward. From marketing and media to engineering and operations, we are united in our goal to democratize beauty, making it accessible and affordable for everyone and fearlessly representing individuality and inclusivity. We dream. We empower. We create. And we have great fun doing it together.