Senior Software Engineer
IPSY is the largest beauty subscription in the world, with over 3 million monthly members, and the first brand to combine a rich community platform with a highly personalized commerce experience. Headquartered in San Mateo, with offices in New York and Santa Monica, IPSY brings together a diverse group of rule-breaking thinkers and creative problem solvers with a penchant for getting things done. From Marketing and Media to Engineering and Operations, we stand together to celebrate individuality and inclusivity—and we’re just getting started.
About the Role:
We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer to be a part of our growing Engineering team! You will have a choice of interesting projects to work on such as consumer web development, web and API development infrastructure, e-commerce infrastructure, big data, analytics, and mobile development, in addition to working with state of the art technologies including Spark, Spring Boot, AWS Lambda, AWS Kinesis, and more.
Do you thrive in a fluid, high-performance, and ambitious environment? Do you drive in learning and innovating? If so, we want to hear from you!
What We’re Looking For:
- Know Java and at least one other programming language
- Have at least 8 years of relevant work experience
- Deep knowledge of web application development and architecture
- Deep understanding of service oriented architecture and microservices
- Ready for complex service design and integration
- Experience with databases including schema design, queries, performance
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
Bonus if You Have:
- Experience with e-commerce platforms, shopping carts, payment gateways
- Mobile development experience
- Big data and analytics experience
- Experience with Spring, Grails, Rails, or other application frameworks
- Experience scaling large web applications
- Experience with serverless architectures
- Experience with AWS
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary & equity grants
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Annual bonus program
- Paid time off & work from home flexibility
- Free Glam Bag Plus subscription
- Learning & development programs
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.