UI/UX Design Manager
IPSY is looking for a hardworking UI/UX Design Manager to take part in our growing Product design team. You will lead a team of designers and be responsible for delivering an amazing member experience across all of our digital channels. You will also play a key role in the design and execution of IPSY's member journey, driving innovation and delight while also balancing business objectives.
Are you highly skilled in both interaction and visual design, a motivational leader, and is comfortable working in a collaborative, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment? If so, this role is for you.
- Leading, inspiring and developing a team of hardworking UI/UX designers.
- Creating superb experiences for IPSY members across multiple digital channels (desktop, mobile, native apps) and stages of the member journey.
- Using data, focus groups, and usability testing to form a deep understanding of member behaviors and pain points.
- Developing high quality designs that balance user needs, design priorities, and business objectives.
- Collaborating & iterating with Product, Growth, and Brand teams throughout the design process.
- Working closely with Engineering and QA to ensure that designs deployed to production are built to spec.
- Driving innovation across the member experience.
- 10+ years of design experience in product design, UI/UX design, interaction design. 2+ years experience as a design manager.
- Educational background in interaction design, human-computer interaction, graphic design or similar. Well-versed in classic design principles and innovative design trends.
- Extensive experience designing user experiences across multiple digital channels, including mobile web and native apps.
- You have a track record managing and growing a high performing team.
- Deep knowledge of Sketch and Adobe Suite, such as Photoshop and Illustrator. Knowledge in prototyping software programs such as Principle or After Effects a plus.
- Basic understanding of HTML/CSS required and can deliver designs in production ready HTML/CSS is a plus.
- Accustomed to validating designs through focus groups, usability testing, and A/B testing, using qualitative and quantitative feedback in the creative process.
- Experience participating in internal design critiques with the ability to deliver and receive feedback and constructive criticism.
- Successful track record defending decisions based on data and user-centered insights.
- You are able to multi-task and work in a fluid, fast-paced environment.
- Obsessively detail oriented and can prioritize design tasks.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
IPSY was founded with one singular mission: to inspire individuals around the world to express their unique beauty. That’s how the IPSY Glam Bag came to life. With five products personalized for you—plus articles, videos, and more on ipsy.com—you’re free to try new things and express who you are. IPSY Shopper takes our mission to the next level by making beauty more accessible, rewarding, and liberating than ever before. And with IPSY Gen Beauty, Open Studios, and all the creator content that we post each day, our intention has remained the same: to give every individual the tools to form their own definition of beauty. With over 3M members and 8K digital content creators in our community, and generating over half a billion monthly content views, we’re just getting started.
IPSY is headquartered in the Bay Area with an office in New York City and a studio production and editing facility in Los Angeles. The company achieved profitability in its first year and raised a series B round of $100M with Sherpa Capital and TPG in 2015. We owe all of our success to our inspiring, energizing employees who make exceptional things happen every single day—fearless thinking, tenacity, and a pioneering spirit push us forward. From marketing and media to engineering and operations, we are united in our goal to democratize beauty, making it accessible and affordable for everyone and fearlessly representing individuality and inclusivity. We dream. We empower. We create. And we have great fun doing it together.