Lifecycle Marketing Program Manager
IPSY is the largest beauty subscription in the world, with over 3 million monthly members, and the first brand to combine a rich community platform with a highly personalized commerce experience. Headquartered in San Mateo, with offices in New York and Santa Monica, IPSY brings together a diverse group of rule-breaking thinkers and creative problem solvers with a penchant for getting things done. From Marketing and Media to Engineering and Operations, we stand together to celebrate individuality and inclusivity—and we’re just getting started!
About the Role:
IPSY is looking for a Lifecycle Marketing Program Manager to lead campaigns across email, push, SMS, and future direct-to-member marketing channels. You will be focused on developing the lifecycle experience for either our prospects, active, or former members. For your area of the member journey, you will be strategizing, collaborating, developing, and optimizing campaigns that perform against core business KPIs, hit business objectives, enhance the member experience, and elevate the brand. You will also be working cross-functionally with Growth, Marketing, Creative, Engineering, Product, Data, Customer Service, and Operations.
You should have proven success in building omni-channel personalized experiences, analyzing data to make decisions, and growing a channel quickly via iterative testing.
This is an incredible opportunity to work at an innovative tech start-up, doing the most advanced marketing and content personalization in the beauty industry. If you love using direct communication channels as part of an integrated, cross channel marketing effort to drive high-impact results at a fast-growing company, this role is for you.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- You will develop, lead, and execute email, push, and SMS marketing strategies for lifecycle, transactional, triggered, and promotional campaigns to increase specific business KPIs and overall user LTV.
- Utilize data to monitor the performance and health of programs and identify areas for improvement; generate and test hypotheses to improve monthly performance.
- Establish rigorous A/B and multivariate testing agendas to test subject lines, content, cadence, segmentation, and timing to constantly improve results.
- Be the voice of your team in all program related conversations, meetings, and brainstorms, including changes to the business, strategy, product, and brand.
- Be the authority on the member journey for users; develop a deep understanding of the user mindset, behavior, and how best to use it to deliver results, all while utilizing insightful data insights.
- Translate high-level initiatives into actionable go-to-market strategies and execution plans, driving cross-channel marketing plans from kick-off to launch.
- Create your own roadmap of initiatives that deliver KPIs that align with Growth, Product, Marketing, and Engineering roadmaps.
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree – ideally in Business, Marketing, quantitative or technical field.
- 3-5 years of experience developing lifecycle programs; comfortable with segmentation, automation strategy, marketing using digital channels (email, push, SMS, in-app, site, etc.).
- You have 3+ years of working directly in an enterprise-grade ESP (Iterable, Braze, ExactTarget, Responsys, etc.), with experience setting up targeting, building multi-step workflows, QA, hitting send and reporting.
- You have 2+ years experience developing and executing A/B tests to decrease churn, utilizing email, push, and site initiatives.
- You are comfortable with quantitative analytics and have experience translating data into business and consumer insights.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Fervent attention to detail. You are confident deploying emails to millions of users free of grammar, spelling, typos, and other deployment errors.
- You have cross-functional team experience and shown ability to execute a vision through consensus building, negotiation, and data-driven persuasion.
- You are a creative thinker with the ability to test out-of-the-box solutions.
- Ability to get stuff done, roll up your sleeves, and tackle something hands-on.
- Proficient with Excel
- Familiar with analytics dashboards (e.g. Tableau, Looker).
- Light HTML experience is nice to have.
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary & equity grants
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Annual bonus program
- Paid time off & work from home flexibility
- Free Glam Bag Plus subscription
- Learning & development programs
We are an equal opportunity employer who celebrates diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact us.