Senior Social Media Strategist
IPSY is the largest beauty subscription in the world, with over 3 million monthly members, and the first brand to combine a rich community platform with a highly personalized commerce experience. Headquartered in San Mateo, with offices in New York and Santa Monica, IPSY brings together a diverse group of rule-breaking thinkers and creative problem solvers with a penchant for getting things done. From Marketing and Media to Engineering and Operations, we stand together to celebrate individuality and inclusivity—and we’re just getting started.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Senior Social Media Strategist to join IPSYLabs, the brand incubator group within IPYS, to help expand new brands’ social footprints and drive engagement with our target consumer. You will play an integral role in shaping a rich, multi-faceted content strategy and will drive execution across multiple teams. As the left and right brain thinker, you are a results-oriented self-starter that's on the pulse of emerging trends and capabilities in the social stratosphere—and has a natural curiosity for what drives member delight and engagement.
Are you a content ninja that loves all things beauty? Are you someone who is ‘always on’ and abreast of emerging topics of conversation and has a solid intuition for what is engaging? If so, we want to hear from you!
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Build and execute social media strategy designed to improve the full marketing funnel (increasing brand awareness, engagement, consideration, and conversion) for all social media activations
- Ideate, pitch and execute unique, engaging social media activations to develop innovative custom content that breaks through the social clutter
- Research and curate images, videos, and creator channels that align with IPSY’s brand values to articulate our story of diversity, inclusion, and self-expression
- Develop and oversee monthly programming calendar that caters to targeted audience and ladders up to the goals of the business
- Monitor and engage in brand-related conversations with IPSY’s community across all social media platforms
- Monitor social media groups, trends, tools, new applications, SEO and user engagement to be able to suggest content optimization across video and photo content
- Work closely with cross-functional partners in the Creative, Experiential, Brand Operations, Brand Partnerships, Influencer, and Lifecycle Marketing teams
- Manage monthly budget for boosted/promoted posts and ad content on Instagram
- Create a social dashboard with regular reporting metrics and insights to inform content and posting strategy
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor's degree or relevant experience required
- 4-5 years of concentrated experience in social media, preferably 2-3 years within the beauty or lifestyle industries
- Strong track record of developing and optimizing engaging content and building a social following
- Highly organized with impeccable attention to detail
- Creative thinker who can problem solve
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Proven ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams
- Proven ability to self-direct. Receives mentorship and direction from senior level management and provides a positive influence on other team members. Effectively delegates work, when appropriate
- Strong ability with PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Google Docs
- Exceptional teammate
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary & equity grants
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Annual bonus program
- Paid time off & work from home flexibility
- Free Glam Bag Plus subscription
- Learning & development programs
We are an equal opportunity employer who celebrates diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact us.