Graphic & Set Designer
IPSY is the largest beauty subscription in the world, with over 3 million monthly members, and the first brand to combine a rich community platform with a highly personalized commerce experience. Headquartered in San Mateo, with offices in New York and Santa Monica, IPSY brings together a diverse group of rule-breaking thinkers and creative problem solvers with a penchant for getting things done. From Marketing and Media to Engineering and Operations, we stand together to celebrate individuality and inclusivity—and we’re just getting started.
About the Role:
We are looking for a designer with experience in creating sets for photo shoots and/or experiential events! We need someone who can bring a concept to life with excellent presentation and mockup skills to be able to show the team involved exactly how things need to look. Our ideal candidate has experience with Photography and prop styling, can build elevation designs for sets and produce way-finding signage for events.
Does this opportunity sound intriguing to you? If so, we want to hear from you!
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Set & Experiential Design
- Assist the Art Director in bringing monthly set designs to life including set mood board development, elevations, and photography mockups that are proportionate for set space
- Lead the set production including prepping and building sets and prop sourcing
- Assist the Art Director and Photographer with product shoot styling including prop mood board development, prop sourcing and buying, and on-set prop styling
- Develop concepts in partnership with the Experiential/Events team and Art Director for immersive, photographable, and interactive experiences
- Support the Experiential/Events team with event design including event mood board development, brand booth support including designing and sourcing materials, and set build-outs
- Possible on-set wardrobe and styling assistance
- Graphic Design
- Create and produce graphics & signage needed for events and installations
- Support the design or sourcing of illustrative themed graphics for events
- Partner with the Creative team on ensuring consistency of all event assets (merch, signage, invites, booths, etc.)
- Set graphic design where applicable
- Familiar with photography alteration process and photoshopping
- Provide additional graphic design support for the Creative team
What We’re Looking For:
- Efficient in Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator (some knowledge of After Effects)
- Knowledge of video and photography production
- Experience in still product photography styling and propping
- Experience in designing, creating, and building sets
- Experience in creating to-scale drawings of sets and an understanding of the 3D rendering process
- Experience in event design
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary & equity grants
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Annual bonus program
- Paid time off & work from home flexibility
- Free Glam Bag Plus subscription
- Learning & development programs
We are an equal opportunity employer who celebrates diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact us.