Senior Manager, e-Commerce
IPSY is the largest beauty subscription in the world, with over 3 million monthly members, and the first brand to combine a rich community platform with a highly personalized commerce experience. Headquartered in San Mateo, with offices in New York and Santa Monica, IPSY brings together a diverse group of rule-breaking thinkers and creative problem solvers with a penchant for getting things done. From Marketing and Media to Engineering and Operations, we stand together to celebrate individuality and inclusivity—and we’re just getting started.
About the Role:
We are looking for a hardworking leader for our e-commerce business! By combining personalization, convenience, value, and service into an innovative and fun experience, IPSY is re-imagining online beauty shopping for a modern beauty consumer. You will be responsible for leading all aspects of IPSY Offers, Hauls, Flash Sales, and for evaluating and launching new business opportunities within the commerce realm. You will also be tasked with developing and communicating a merchandising vision for our commerce programs, monitoring the competitive landscape, conducting market research, and working with key partners across the company to propel our e-commerce business to the next level.
Do you have a strong track record at fast-growing e-commerce companies? Are you strategic, analytical, can build a team, and can work well as part of a dynamic cross-functional team? If so, we want to hear from you!
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Develop the business model for IPSY's e-commerce business and craft the brand partner portfolio strategy to grow and scale
- Collaborate with the Brand Partnership team to build and cultivate the right relationships
- Build positive relationships with cross-functional teams; build and lead a high-performing merchandising team
- Partner with the Growth, Product Management, and Brand teams to envision and execute a delightful member experience
- Deliver revenue, GMV and gross margin targets
- Ideate to keep the e-commerce experience fresh, innovative, exciting and delightful
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree required. MBA from a premier school preferred
- 5+ years of e-commerce merchandising at a senior level. Beauty online merchandising experience preferred. Consulting or finance experience a plus
- Proven ability to develop strategy and take ideas from infancy to full execution. Track record of growing a business
- Ability to drive influence across organizations. Clear demonstration of internal cross-functional partnership and collaboration. Proven experience working alongside tech teams
- Experience analyzing markets and trends, anticipating and finding opportunities and developing strategic insights
- Proven ability to work within a fast-paced, startup environment. Must be calm and collected under pressure
- Good understanding of the role of merchandising in an online web product
- Experience growing a team
- Excellent business judgment and quantitative skills
- Passion for beauty and IPSY's mission
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary & equity grants
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Annual bonus program
- Paid time off & work from home flexibility
- Free Glam Bag Plus subscription
- Learning & development programs
We are an equal opportunity employer who celebrates diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact us.