Director of Operations, Infrastructure & Process Innovation
IPSY is the largest beauty subscription in the world, with over 3 million monthly members, and the first brand to combine a rich community platform with a highly personalized commerce experience. Headquartered in San Mateo, with offices in New York and Santa Monica, IPSY brings together a diverse group of rule-breaking thinkers and creative problem solvers with a penchant for getting things done. From Marketing and Media to Engineering and Operations, we stand together to celebrate individuality and inclusivity—and we’re just getting started.
About the Role:
We are looking for an experienced Director of Operations to lead infrastructure and capabilities development for the Operations team! Operations at IPSY include fulfillment operations (warehouse operations, inbound logistics, shipping/distribution), payment operations, and personalization operations all of which support our subscription, eCommerce, and private label businesses. You will be responsible for designing and implementing the necessary infrastructure, technology, processes, and capabilities to support future growth and complexity as we scale the business, launch new programs, and continuously innovate on the member experience. You will be challenged to bring fresh ideas and drive innovation and efficiencies across the entire Operations organization. Our ideal candidate will simultaneously be a big picture, strategic thinker but also able to execute on implementing new ideas as well as continuously improve existing operations. You should be an excellent manager of both people and processes, highly analytical, and able to translate data into insights and action. Are you ready to make your mark in building this new role? If so, we want to hear from you!
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Lead transformational projects and capability deployments such as the inventory management and fulfillment center automation projects
- Drive innovation and develop approaches and processes to improve and scale fulfillment and shipping operations while incorporating external best practices
- Understand key metrics that drive member experience and consistently measure and improve Operations performance against those metrics
- Synthesize large amounts of data to draw conclusions and to make recommendations in order to improve operational efficiency, scalability, and lower costs
- Collaborate with Engineering, Product, Analytics, Marketing, Customer Care and other teams to develop, test, and execute ideas designed for both internal processes and the member experience
What We’re Looking For:
- At least 10 years of experience within operations, with proven advancement and increasing levels of responsibility
- Experience leading transformation and infrastructure projects across fulfillment, supply chain, or distribution. Six sigma or experience with other process improvement methodologies preferred
- Curious and comfortable with data and large-scale analytics
- Advanced understanding of Excel is required. Business, financial planning, or other heavy modeling experience is preferred (knowledge of SQL is a plus)
- Proven ability to drive and manage multiple, competing priorities and projects with urgency in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired
- Strong attention to detail and orientation to relentless execution
- Passion for creating a delightful customer experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
Bonus if You Have:
- Experience in the subscription industry
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary & equity grants
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Annual bonus program
- Paid time off & work from home flexibility
- Free Glam Bag Plus subscription
- Learning & development programs
We are an equal opportunity employer who celebrates diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact us.