Customer Care Representative, Social Media
At IPSY, our members are at the core of everything we do and we’re committed to providing them with top-notch service. Your responsibilities will include handling sensitive member interactions, proposing creative solutions, and establishing rapport with our engaged community through our various social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube). Are you passionate about helping others and want to actively offer solutions and ideas that will delight our members? If so, this role is for you.
Cover Letter Required – We want to get to know you, so tell us about yourself! Tell us why you're interested in this role and what makes you a good fit. Please include a memorable experience that you've had as a customer and what you consider the most important quality for someone who works in customer care.
- Support driven. You have a passion for problem-solving and enjoy being challenged. Helping others comes naturally to you.
- Perceptive and compassionate. You actively anticipate member needs. You can adapt your tone and approach to fit a diverse range of member personalities and situations.
- Honest and authentic. You’re comfortable being yourself and genuinely enjoy connecting with everyone. You express yourself openly and respectfully, and function well as part of a team.
- Reliable and accountable. You’re consistent, dependable, and adhere to a set work schedule.
- You take ownership over the quality of your work and are always looking to improve.
- Innovative. You're a creative thinker who can offer solutions to the trickiest conundrums. You bring compelling ideas to the table in an effort to catalyze positive change.
- Respond to comments and messages made on our social channels in a timely, friendly, and professional manner to enhance our members’ knowledge of IPSY and create a positive experience for them.
- Handle sensitive issues while maintaining the highest level of professionalism; provide thoughtful, prompt resolutions with compassion and poise.
- Recommend solutions to complex or escalated situations through research and critical thinking.
- Share relevant, strategic insights with our product, marketing, and technology teams regarding overall customer experience and service-related trends.
- Strive to exceed volume and quality goals.
- Own additional projects as needed and prioritize carefully.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience.
- 1-3 years in customer-centric industry, preferably with experience providing customer support via social media and/or chat.
- Strong computer and typing skills, very comfortable with web-based applications and navigation between tools.
- Excellent written communication skills with keen attention to detail.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with ability to handle workload efficiently.
- Willing and eager to support other channels as needed (e.g., email, chat, phone).
Please note if contacted for an interview, the process may include written projects, video and phone calls, and/or onsite interviews. Although our hiring team may not be able to personally follow up with every applicant, we do our best to be as thorough and thoughtful as possible.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
IPSY was founded with one singular mission: to inspire individuals around the world to express their unique beauty. That’s how the IPSY Glam Bag came to life. With five products personalized for you—plus articles, videos, and more on ipsy.com—you’re free to try new things and express who you are. IPSY Shopper takes our mission to the next level by making beauty more accessible, rewarding, and liberating than ever before. And with IPSY Gen Beauty, Open Studios, and all the creator content that we post each day, our intention has remained the same: to give every individual the tools to form their own definition of beauty. With over 3M members and 8K digital content creators in our community, and generating over half a billion monthly content views, we’re just getting started.
IPSY is headquartered in the Bay Area with an office in New York City and a studio production and editing facility in Los Angeles. The company achieved profitability in its first year and raised a series B round of $100M with Sherpa Capital and TPG in 2015. We owe all of our success to our inspiring, energizing employees who make exceptional things happen every single day—fearless thinking, tenacity, and a pioneering spirit push us forward. From marketing and media to engineering and operations, we are united in our goal to democratize beauty, making it accessible and affordable for everyone and fearlessly representing individuality and inclusivity. We dream. We empower. We create. And we have great fun doing it together.