Senior Brand Manager, Innovation
IPSY is the largest beauty subscription in the world, with over 3 million monthly members, and the first brand to combine a rich community platform with a highly personalized commerce experience. Headquartered in San Mateo, with offices in New York and Santa Monica, IPSY brings together a diverse group of rule-breaking thinkers and creative problem solvers with a penchant for getting things done. From Marketing and Media to Engineering and Operations, we stand together to celebrate individuality and inclusivity—and we’re just getting started.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Senior Brand Manager with a strong background in beauty innovation, backed by robust analytical skills, deep consumer, and market insights. This person balances strategic thinking with a resourceful approach and an intuitive understanding of social media. This role is instrumental in developing new brands to further delight our broad and passionate member base. This person will be charged with fleshing out brand positioning, carving out space in the competitive landscape, articulating product marketing and collaborating cross-functionally on all aspects of product development, marketing, sourcing, and production.
Applicants who have both beauty experience in both brand management and marketing, who thrive in a fast-paced environment and are well versed in social media trends are the perfect fit! Does this sound like you? If so, we want to hear from you!
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Contributing to defining brand positioning, inclusive of target consumers, primary competitors and key points of differentiation
- Leading market & trend research to inform the creation of compelling, innovative brand right products
- Developing and leading creative product concepts, in partnership with product development and sourcing, from prototype to execution
- Owning the brand and collection as it relates to integrated campaigns, go-to-market strategy, customer acquisition, content strategy, user experience, and internal communications and more
- Partnering closely with cross-functional teams including product development, sourcing & production, Creative, IPSY marketing, merchandising, legal, media and finance to deliver on brand equity, net revenue, and customer satisfaction
- Leading a cross-functional team to ensure ownership of schedules and on-time delivery of product and assets
- Interacting with celebrity and influencer partners (depending on the brand)
- Staying current on social media platforms and competitor movements
What We’re Looking For:
- 6+ years in Marketing or Brand Management
- Exceptional written and oral communication
- Strong analytical skills with experience using qualitative and quantitative analysis to develop marketing strategies
- A proven ability to collaborate effectively with creative teams as well as operationally driven functions
- Open-minded and resourceful with a knack for problem-solving
- Love of detail and highly organized
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- MBA preferred
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary & equity grants
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Annual bonus program
- Paid time off & work from home flexibility
- Free Glam Bag Plus subscription
- Learning & development programs
We are an equal opportunity employer who celebrates diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact us.