Creative Director, Strategic New Business
IPSY is the largest beauty subscription in the world, with over 3 million monthly members, and the first brand to combine a rich community platform with a highly personalized commerce experience. Headquartered in San Mateo, with offices in New York and Santa Monica, IPSY brings together a diverse group of rule-breaking thinkers and creative problem solvers with a penchant for getting things done. From Marketing and Media to Engineering and Operations, we stand together to celebrate individuality and inclusivity—and we’re just getting started.
About the Role:
We seek an agile, creative thinker who will help to craft innovative brands in beauty and skincare. This person will have the ability to create a number of distinct brand identities and personalities to address different consumer segments. The ideal candidate will be closely attuned to the cultural zeitgeist (especially as it relates to beauty, skincare, personal care), digitally & socially savvy as well as highly organized with strong team leadership skills. We will be building digitally native brands, so you will gain experience working with digital and e-commerce brands and have an understanding of agile & iterative content needs,
Are you ready to take part in a tech-first, innovative brand hub that is scaling quickly and is going to revolutionize the beauty industry and shift consumer mindsets? If so, we want to hear from you!
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Lead all creative efforts by working in close partnership with key cross-functional partners. Develop overarching creative strategy, concepts & roadmap to cascade to the team
- Develop clear brand identities and style guides to ensure distinction between brands and consistency across all channels and customer touch points.
- Own the creative direction for new product launches and seasonal marketing programs, for each brand. Seasonal creative direction and guidance for all campaigns, including:
- Seasonal, event and collection driven moodboard direction
- Photo, video & content concepting and on set direction (on figure & flat shoots)
- Asset execution direction including collateral, photography, video, social media, on-site/app, email, digital & growth, experiential and all other creative assets
- Collaborate with SVP and Marketing Directors on Creator opportunities and pitches. Provide support on the casting & storytelling, content development, campaign media activations & roll-out .
- Lead the Creative team with inspiration & motivation, providing a positive work environment. Develop and finesse team skillsets & capabilities and implement a rigorous creative processes to streamline work & build a collaborative environment
- Constantly be on the pulse of lifestyle, beauty and pop-culture trends, bringing relevant creative ideas, partnerships and relationships to IPSY to help create buzz & relevancy around the brand
- Work closely with the IPSYLabs brand and marketing leads on content strategy and creative iterations for different consumer channels & build an internal process for creative iteration & versioning by channel
- Support quarterly creative budget and resource planning
What We’re Looking For:
- 15+ years experience in a creative role, specifically with an art direction background
- Experience working in beauty or lifestyle brands, with DTC or e-commerce experience
- In depth knowledge of:
- Photography & video concepting, direction and production
- Graphic design & creative composition, along with editorial/copy direction
- Deep understanding of marketing channels and consumer touch points, especially e-commerce, email, digital & social media
- Entrepreneurial approach and can work in nimble, agile tech environments
- Leadership experience managing and mentoring a team of 10+ people.
- Performance & growth marketing knowledge (specifically social media acquisition)
- Some experience working on brand campaigns including TV, radio, outdoor, direct mail, and paid digital/social preferred
- Experience with international marketing preferred
- Has a clear pulse on trends, pop-culture and celebrity/talent/artists
- Strong presentation & sell-in skills
- Ability to work cross functionally and reciprocally with multiple departments
- Strong ability within creative design platforms (InDesign, Photoshop) and presentation platforms (Keynote, PowerPoint, Google Slides)
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary & equity grants
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Annual bonus program
- Paid time off & work from home flexibility
- Free Glam Bag Plus subscription
- Learning & development programs
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact us.