IPSY is the largest beauty subscription in the world, with over 3 million monthly members, and the first brand to combine a rich community platform with a highly personalized commerce experience. Headquartered in San Mateo, with offices in New York and Santa Monica, IPSY brings together a diverse group of rule-breaking thinkers and creative problem solvers with a penchant for getting things done. From Marketing and Media to Engineering and Operations, we stand together to celebrate individuality and inclusivity—and we’re just getting started.
About the Role:
We are looking for a highly motivated accounting professional to join our growing team at IPSY. You will be responsible for handling multiple projects or tasks simultaneously with excellent attention to detail.
Do you thrive and enjoy working in a dynamic environment? If so, we want to hear from you!
What You'll Be Doing:
- Complete general ledger operations; assist with monthly closings and account reconciliations
- Collaborate with staff in each regional office and operating groups to promote an efficient and effective procure to pay cycle
- Ensure all Corporate policies and SOP’s are adhered to and recommend policy changes and improvements as necessary
- Maintain system of records management, ensuring that necessary documents are kept organized and retained for the required time frame
- Support in improving the Company’s existing accounting procedures and internal controls and seek opportunities to improve accounting operational efficiency and effectiveness
- Provide ongoing support to business partners
What We're Looking For:
- Minimum of 2 years of accounting experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Prioritize workloads across team members with minimal supervision
- Meticulous and organized; able to perform work at the highest levels of accuracy
- Basic knowledge of MS Office applications, particularly Excel
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills to develop a collaborative working relationship with cross functional teams
Bonus if You Have:
- Experience with Accounts Payable function
- Experience in NetSuite
- Experience in a startup environment
- Basic understanding of inventory
We are an equal opportunity employer who celebrates diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact us.