Customer Care Technology and Operations Manager
The Customer Care Technology and Operations Manager supports the IPSY Care department by maintaining and building supporting infrastructure for IPSY Care operations, drive internal process and technological innovations to streamline workflows. Your primary focus will be to drive collaboration among key partner groups and lead strategic projects related to member retention, site experience, and improving the overall member experience.
Are you an advocate for a strong member experience? Do you want to help make recommendations based on data, turn insights about the member and operational challenges into strategies for improvement? If so, this role is for you.
Cover Letter Required – We want to get to know you, so tell us about yourself! Tell us why you're interested in this role and what makes you a good fit.
- Collaborative: You act as a business partner to understand system, technical, and operational processes necessary to optimize IPSY Care’s impact on business objectives. You employ diplomatic communication skills to cultivate relationships with internal partners, and between IPSY and our customers.
- Analytical and Innovative: You know how to troubleshoot issues and streamline operations and technical processes using data to guide your decisions and recommendations. You understand how to use data and insights to support strategic decisions and future needs.
- Strategic: You have a deep understanding of how to translate company goals for productivity, growth, and retention into processes and tools that IPSY Care delivers on.
- Efficient and Reliable: You are eager to tackle difficult and complex problems effectively through strong cross-team communication and collaboration. You use good judgment to determine when and who to loop in when issues or conflicts arise (whether internally facing or external).
- Support Driven: You are passionate about the IPSY community and are always looking for solutions to improve their experience with our service.
- Own various operational and backend procedures within IPSY’s order management system (OMS), and continuously create and update process documentation to provide visibility and cross-functionality.
- Develop appropriate business cases for new initiatives and feature/functionality builds, in coordination with the Product team.
- Define and prioritize feature requests for Product using data rationale for improving agent efficiency/productivity and reducing inbound volume.
- Create and maintain reporting for Product that highlights insights on user experience (e.g., site features/functionality, promotions), and the effectiveness of new feature implementation (e.g., handle time or ticket volume reduction).
- Act as the liaison between IPSY Care and Engineering to communicate feature requests, investigate and triage bug reports, and share updates on fixes and new initiatives.
- Integrate data across systems to more seamlessly support reporting and analytics (specifically, configure email/social media ticketing software and other 3rd party software so that they are seamlessly integrated with the OMS; integrate with APIs to build internal data repository for better reporting).
- Lead and utilize metrics to drive positive change in areas such as service level agreements, productivity, customer satisfaction, and quality.
- Serve as point of contact for IPSY’s logistics provider for inventory/warehouse related issues.
- Drive workflow efficiency within the OMS to enhance ease-of-use for agents.
- Lead ongoing training to give agents a well-rounded awareness of operational processes and support tools.
- Minimum of 3 years in a customer facing and/or operational role.
- Experience coordinating projects and activities across multiple internal partners.
- Ability to prioritize and tackle problems independently and collaboratively using analytics to drive decisions.
- You have an excellent eye for detail and strong follow-through.
- Experience defining, tracking, and reporting metrics on support operations and volume.
- You have strong leadership skills and ability to take initiative.
Please note if contacted for an interview, the process may include written projects, video and phone calls, and/or onsite interviews. Although our hiring team may not be able to personally follow up with every applicant, we do our best to be as thorough and thoughtful as possible.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
IPSY was founded with one singular mission: to inspire individuals around the world to express their unique beauty. That’s how the IPSY Glam Bag came to life. With five products personalized for you—plus articles, videos, and more on ipsy.com—you’re free to try new things and express who you are. IPSY Shopper takes our mission to the next level by making beauty more accessible, rewarding, and liberating than ever before. And with IPSY Gen Beauty, Open Studios, and all the creator content that we post each day, our intention has remained the same: to give every individual the tools to form their own definition of beauty. With over 3M members and 8K digital content creators in our community, and generating over half a billion monthly content views, we’re just getting started.
IPSY is headquartered in the Bay Area with an office in New York City and a studio production and editing facility in Los Angeles. The company achieved profitability in its first year and raised a series B round of $100M with Sherpa Capital and TPG in 2015. We owe all of our success to our inspiring, energizing employees who make exceptional things happen every single day—fearless thinking, tenacity, and a pioneering spirit push us forward. From marketing and media to engineering and operations, we are united in our goal to democratize beauty, making it accessible and affordable for everyone and fearlessly representing individuality and inclusivity. We dream. We empower. We create. And we have great fun doing it together.