Director of Total Rewards
IPSY is a creative, fast-growing beauty company headquartered in San Mateo, CA. We are looking for a leader in the Total Rewards space to help us deliver the best possible experience to our employees and will be responsible for the design, development, deployment, and continued innovation around our compensation, benefits, perks, and performance management programs.
Are you are an experienced manager and strategic thinker who thrives in a fluid, high-performance, ambitious environment? Do you have a real passion for learning and innovation? If so, this role is for you.
- Set the strategic vision for Total Rewards at IPSY.
- Report to the VP of People and partner on a regular basis with the Founder/CEO, President, Board, and Compensation Committee to make upgrades and changes to key HR programs.
- Conduct market-based research to ensure our Total Rewards programs are competitive in the market, creative, and meeting the needs of our employees.
- Lead the annual performance review process, bonus planning process, benefits review (including open enrollment), and comping of offers.
- Minimum of 8 years of work experience in a Total Rewards/compensation role focused in fast-growing, dynamic, data-driven environments.
- Experience at a compensation-consulting firm preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience leading a team.
- Masters or PhD in I/O Psychology, Statistics, HR Management, Decision Science, or related Computer field preferred.
- Strong desire to drive business impact.
- Extremely high attention to detail when working with large data sets.
- Ability to partner effectively with the business and senior executives.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
IPSY was founded with one singular mission: to inspire individuals around the world to express their unique beauty. That’s how the IPSY Glam Bag came to life. With five products personalized for you—plus articles, videos, and more on ipsy.com—you’re free to try new things and express who you are. IPSY Shopper takes our mission to the next level by making beauty more accessible, rewarding, and liberating than ever before. And with IPSY Gen Beauty, Open Studios, and all the creator content that we post each day, our intention has remained the same: to give every individual the tools to form their own definition of beauty. With over 3M members and 8K digital content creators in our community, and generating over half a billion monthly content views, we’re just getting started.
IPSY is headquartered in the Bay Area with an office in New York City and a studio production and editing facility in Los Angeles. The company achieved profitability in its first year and raised a series B round of $100M with Sherpa Capital and TPG in 2015. We owe all of our success to our inspiring, energizing employees who make exceptional things happen every single day—fearless thinking, tenacity, and a pioneering spirit push us forward. From marketing and media to engineering and operations, we are united in our goal to democratize beauty, making it accessible and affordable for everyone and fearlessly representing individuality and inclusivity. We dream. We empower. We create. And we have great fun doing it together.