Software Engineer, Big Data
ipsy is an innovative fast-growing beauty company headquartered in San Mateo, CA. We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer to join our growing data team. You would be responsible for developing data pipelines, creating ETLs to aggregate data in the data warehouse, and guiding how this data is used by other teams across the organization. The ideal candidate is hands-on and thrives in a fluid, high-performance entrepreneurial environment with a passion for learning and innovating.
- Strong knowledge of Java and at least one other programming language.
- Experience working with big data (distributed computing and analytics) tools, e.g. Hadoop or Spark.
- Experience with relational databases and SQL.
- Experience in production environments with large data sets.
- Strong communication skills.
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, or equivalent field.
- Experience with AWS.
- Experience with ETL tools and processes.
- Experience with streaming technologies (e.g. Kafka or Kinesis).
- Knowledge of machine learning methods.
- Experience with recommender systems, personalization, or search.
ipsy was founded with one singular mission: to inspire individuals around the world to express their unique beauty. That’s how the ipsy Glam Bag came to life. With five products personalized for you—plus articles, videos, and more on ipsy.com—you’re free to try new things and express who you are. ipsy Shopper takes our mission to the next level by making beauty more accessible, rewarding, and liberating than ever before. And with ipsy Gen Beauty, Open Studios, and all the creator content that we post each day, our intention has remained the same: to give every individual the tools to form their own definition of beauty. With over 3M members and 8K digital content creators in our community, and generating over half a billion monthly content views, we’re just getting started.
ipsy is headquartered in the Bay Area with an office in New York City and a studio production and editing facility in Los Angeles. The company achieved profitability in its first year and raised a series B round of $100M with Sherpa Capital and TPG in 2015. We owe all of our success to our inspiring, energizing employees who make exceptional things happen every single day—fearless thinking, tenacity, and a pioneering spirit push us forward. From marketing and media to engineering and operations, we are united in our goal to democratize beauty, making it accessible and affordable for everyone and fearlessly representing individuality and inclusivity. We dream. We empower. We create. And we have great fun doing it together.