IPSY is searching for a hardworking, creative, and technically experienced Video Editor to join our growing Creative team. The ideal candidate is highly organized, pays close attention to detail and is a creative, visual storyteller who knows how to build an authentic, and sometimes emotional connection with their audience. A strong background in content aesthetics and branded video content for site, email, and social media platforms is a must, as well as expert proficiency in Adobe Premiere and After Effects with some color grading experience (DaVinci Resolve is preferred). Lastly, we are searching for someone who has a genuine passion for beauty content (application techniques, trends, brands, products, etc.).
Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment, manage time efficiently, work on multiple projects concurrently, and all with meticulous attention to detail? If so, we want to hear from you!
- Edit a high volume of in-house original videos, and create various versions of edits, optimized for different platforms that align with IPSY’s style guide.
- Ability to deliver edits and implement revisions on tight deadlines.
- Work closely with producers and creatives to ensure all edits deliver on business and project objectives.
- Knowledge of contemporary cameras, file formats, codecs, and their proper handling in a post workflow.
- Ability to communicate needs in a positive and productive fashion (solutions oriented).
- Contribute creative ideas to the editing process, including original graphics/animations.
- Able to handle minor sound design & audio mixing.
- Strong experience and understanding of post-production workflow and the ability to provide recommendations to increase efficiency.
- Excels in a team environment, ability to build/maintain positive relationships through strong collaboration efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 4+ years experience in video/film production as an Editor.
- Experience editing makeup tutorials, fashion, beauty, lifestyle and wellness videos.
- Familiar with various video export formats, specifically for site, email and social.
- Solid experience with digital technology and editing software packages (i.e. Premier, AVID, Final Cut Pro, etc.).
- Experience and design sensibility with motion graphics and coloring.
- Demonstrable video editing ability with a strong portfolio.
- Detail oriented with a creative mind and storytelling skills.
- Able to multitask and work in a fluid, fast-paced environment.
- Deep passion for beauty, storytelling, and brands.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
IPSY was founded with one singular mission: to inspire individuals around the world to express their unique beauty. That’s how the IPSY Glam Bag came to life. With five products personalized for you—plus articles, videos, and more on ipsy.com—you’re free to try new things and express who you are. IPSY Shopper takes our mission to the next level by making beauty more accessible, rewarding, and liberating than ever before. And with IPSY Gen Beauty, Open Studios, and all the creator content that we post each day, our intention has remained the same: to give every individual the tools to form their own definition of beauty. With over 3M members and 8K digital content creators in our community, and generating over half a billion monthly content views, we’re just getting started.
IPSY is headquartered in the Bay Area with an office in New York City and a studio production and editing facility in Los Angeles. The company achieved profitability in its first year and raised a series B round of $100M with Sherpa Capital and TPG in 2015. We owe all of our success to our inspiring, energizing employees who make exceptional things happen every single day—fearless thinking, tenacity, and a pioneering spirit push us forward. From marketing and media to engineering and operations, we are united in our goal to democratize beauty, making it accessible and affordable for everyone and fearlessly representing individuality and inclusivity. We dream. We empower. We create. And we have great fun doing it together.