Senior Forecasting Analyst
IPSY is the largest beauty subscription in the world, with over 3 million monthly members, and the first brand to combine a rich community platform with a highly personalized commerce experience. Headquartered in San Mateo, with offices in New York and Santa Monica, IPSY brings together a diverse group of rule-breaking thinkers and creative problem solvers with a penchant for getting things done. From Marketing and Media to Engineering and Operations, we stand together to celebrate individuality and inclusivity—and we’re just getting started.
About the Role:
We are looking for an enthusiastic and insightful Senior Forecasting Analyst! You will play a key role in being a cross functional business partner while delivering high quality analyses and actionable recommendations.
Do you have strong business insight with the desire to dig deep and understand the core drivers of member behavior? Are you passionate about our members and using data for significant business impact? If so, we want to hear from you!
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Construct time series and machine learning models to forecast business metrics like revenue, subscriptions, churn, etc.
- Use forecast models through ongoing automation and communication to drive improvements to operational planning and efficiency
- Build testing frameworks to understand and communicate forecasting efficiency
- Interact with executives on a regular basis and make our data and methodologies come to life
- Identify additional areas of analytic opportunity within IPSY and work dynamically work to implement your vision
- Develop dashboards to inform business decisions with an emphasis on automation and scalability
- Partner with Engineering, Finance, and Merchandising teams to optimize data tracking/quality and drive data warehouse improvements
What We’re Looking For:
- Minimum 6 years of experience performing analysis for an e-commerce or internet company
- Bachelor’s degree or Master's in Math, Engineering, Statistics, Operations Research or other quantitative field, with a track record of academic excellence
- Extensive experience working in prediction, forecasting techniques, and analytic automation
- Experience with statistical methodologies such as segmentation, multivariate analysis, discrete choice modeling, and/or experimental design
- Deep understanding of statistical modeling and machine learning algorithms (classification, regression, clustering, etc.) and experimental design (A/B testing, etc.)
- History of deriving actionable insights from complex data sets
- Excellent SQL and data warehouse skills. Experience writing complex queries on large data sets
- Expertise with data visualization and dashboard tools such as Tableau, Looker, or equivalent
- Experience with Python/R for model development and automation
- Effective communicator with deep business insight and social skills
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary & equity grants
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Annual bonus program
- Paid time off & work from home flexibility
- Free Glam Bag Plus subscription
- Learning & development programs
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.