RN/CMA/LPN- Gastroenterology (Full-Time)
Looking for a career where you love what you do and who you do it with? You’re in the right place.
Healthcare here is different – we’re locally owned and led by our physicians, and all decisions are always made right here in Central Iowa.
By working at The Iowa Clinic, you’ll get to make a difference while seeing a difference in our workplace. Because as one clinic dedicated to exceptional care, we’re committed to exceeding expectations, showing compassion and collaborating to provide the kind of care most of us got into this business to deliver in the first place.
Think you’ve got what it takes to join our TIC team? Keep reading…
A day in the life…
Wondering what a day in the life of a clinical staff at The Iowa Clinic might look like?
- Arrive at work in the morning – no night shifts here!
- Provides professional nursing services for patients of assigned physician(s) following established nursing practice standards and medical office hospital procedures
- Conducts comprehensive assessments of patient's care needs
- Assists provider(s) with patient triage, identifies nursing diagnoses or problem lists and formulates an initial plan of care based on assessment data
- Spend enough time with your patients to listen to them and get to know them
- Visit The Iowa Clinic intranet to see what volunteer opportunities are available to you this month and read what is happening around the clinic
- Return patient calls and ensure all patients feel valued and cared for
- Leave in the evening – hooray for working standard clinic hours!
This job might be for you if you have…
- A desire to find a meaningful, fulfilling career
- Knowledge of nursing techniques, procedures, medical diagnoses and treatments
- Exceptional patient skills
- The ability to prepare and maintain records
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal)
- A positive and team-oriented attitude
- Ability to assist physicians in professional manner
- Ability to fill in at the Ankeny location as needed
- Must be a licensed RN or LPN by the State of Iowa, or Certified Medical Assistant
Bonus points if…
- You love exceeding people’s expectations
- You enjoy having fun where you work
- Finding meaningful connections is what you live for
Know someone else who might be a great fit for this role? Share it with them!
What’s in it for you
- One of the best 401(k) programs in central Iowa, including employer match and profit sharing
- Employee incentives to share in the Clinic’s success
- Generous PTO accruals
- Paid holidays
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Quarterly volunteer opportunities through a variety of local nonprofits
- Training and development programs
- Opportunities to have fun with your colleagues, including TIC night at the Iowa Cubs, employee appreciation tailgate party, Adventureland day, State Fair tickets, annual holiday party, drive-in movie night… we could go on and on
- Monthly departmental celebrations, jeans days and clinic-wide competitions
- Employee rewards and recognition program
- Health and wellness program with up to $350/year in incentives
- Employee feedback surveys
- All employee meetings, team huddles and transparent communication