Registered Nurse (RN)- Endoscopy (PRN)
Looking for a career where you love what you do and who you do it with? You’re in the right place.
Healthcare here is different – we’re locally owned and led by our physicians, and all decisions are always made right here in Central Iowa.
By working at The Iowa Clinic, you’ll get to make a difference while seeing a difference in our workplace. Because as one clinic dedicated to exceptional care, we’re committed to exceeding expectations, showing compassion and collaborating to provide the kind of care most of us got into this business to deliver in the first place.
Think you’ve got what it takes to join our TIC team? Keep reading…
A day in the life…
Wondering what a day in the life of an Endoscopy Registered Nurse at The Iowa Clinic might look like?
A Registered Nurse working in The Iowa Clinic Endoscopy department provides professional nursing services for patients of assigned physician(s) following established nursing practice standards and medical office and/or hospital procedures.
A strong candidate will assist in the clinic as schedule dictates including, but not limited to, working with patients through the admit, monitor and recovery process for patients procedures. Scheduling as needed and participating in patient education.
-Must be available to work 8 hour shifts Monday-Friday beginning as early as 6:15 AM.
Provides professional nursing services for patients of assigned physician(s) following established nursing practice standard.
- Conducts comprehensive assessments of patient's care needs
- Assess, care and recover patients experiencing procedures with conscious sedation.
- Assists provider(s) with patient triage, identifies nursing diagnoses or problem lists and formulates an initial plan of care based on assessment data
- Monitor cardiac rhythms, assessing vital signs and level of consciousness
- Provide sedation with physicians guidance
- Conduct discharge teaching to patients regarding procedures
- Return patient calls and ensure all patients feel valued and cared for
This job might be for you if you have…
- A desire to find a meaningful, fulfilling career
- Knowledge of nursing techniques, procedures, medical diagnoses and treatments
- Exceptional patient technical skills
- The ability to prepare and maintain records
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal)
- A positive and team-oriented attitude
- Ability to assist physicians in professional manner
- Experience with cardiac monitoring preferred
- Must be licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of Iowa
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccine
- ACLS must be obtained within 90 days of employment
Bonus points if…
- You love exceeding people’s expectations
- You enjoy having fun where you work
- Finding meaningful connections is what you live for
Know someone else who might be a great fit for this role? Share it with them!
What’s in it for you
- Quarterly volunteer opportunities through a variety of local nonprofits
- Training and development programs
- Opportunities to have fun with your colleagues, including TIC night at the Iowa Cubs, employee appreciation tailgate party, Adventureland day, State Fair tickets, annual holiday party, drive-in movie night… we could go on and on
- Monthly departmental celebrations, jeans days and clinic-wide competitions
- Employee rewards and recognition program
- Health and wellness program with up to $350/year in incentives
- Employee feedback surveys
- All employee meetings, team huddles and transparent communication