Director, Population Health Management (Full-Time)
Looking for a career where you love what you do and who you do it with? You’re in the right place.
Healthcare here is different – we’re locally owned and led by our physicians, and all decisions are always made right here in Central Iowa.By working at The Iowa Clinic, you’ll get to make a difference while seeing a difference in our workplace. Because as one clinic dedicated to exceptional care, we’re committed to exceeding expectations, showing compassion and collaborating to provide the kind of care most of us got into this business to deliver in the first place.
Think you’ve got what it takes to join our TIC team? Keep reading…
The Director of Population Health is accountable for the design and implementation of The Iowa Clinic’s population health strategy. This position will be responsible for understanding population health payment models, aligning programs to achieve specific outcomes, continuous monitoring and process improvement.
- Responsible for developing, monitoring and educating on key metrics and programs to support improved care and cost outcomes consistent with the mission of The Iowa Clinic.
- Maintains knowledge of current and emerging population health strategies, models of care and related trends.
- Responsible for resource deployment within population health department and has primary P&L accountability for value-based care services.
- Ensures that all population health related programs, meet regulatory and contractual requirements.
- Assists Associate Medical Director - Value Based Care, Chief Financial Officer and Chief Operating Officer in operationalizing population health initiatives throughout The Iowa Clinic.
- Works closely with IT, Finance, Analytics and Operation teams to train and support providers and clinical staff on the successful execution of value-based care programs.
- Responsible for working effectively with payor partners.
- Promotes a positive, professional image of the organization internally and externally.
- Must possess strong leadership and influencing skills; experience leading projects and teams.
- Ability to remain calm and professional in stressful situations and focused amid constant interruptions in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to build trust and confidence with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Must have strong ability and comfort in dealing with ambiguity under tight timelines.
- Ability to work independently and interdependently with physicians, management, staff and external stakeholders.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English with people from diverse professional, educational and lifestyle backgrounds both orally and in writing.
- Ability to give, read and understand/follow written and verbal directions.
- Proactive communication style with ability to see and communicate how projects and initiatives fit into the broader business strategy.
- Analytical and data savvy with the ability to develop business cases, ROI analysis and financial analysis.
- Must demonstrate critical thinking in decision making using data and considering short term and long-term impacts, impacts to patients, providers, staff, etc.
- Able to look at the big picture and connect the dots between functions, programs, teams, etc.
- Strong understanding of business operations and demonstrates business acumen.
- Able to break down complex problems into manageable tasks for implementation.
- Proven general software skills and effective utilization of sophisticated spreadsheet software for statistical reports, analytics tools, project management, budget preparation, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- RN or other clinical background preferred but not required.
- 5+ years of experience working in a physician practice, population health, insurance or related setting.
- Experience working with risk based managed care contracts including Medicare advantage.
Bonus points if…
- You love exceeding people’s expectations
- You enjoy having fun where you work
- Finding meaningful connections is what you live for
Know someone else who might be a great fit for this role? Share it with them!
What’s in it for you
- One of the best 401(k) programs in central Iowa, including employer match and profit sharing
- Employee incentives to share in the Clinic’s success
- Generous PTO accruals
- Paid holidays
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Quarterly volunteer opportunities through a variety of local nonprofits
- Training and development programs
- Opportunities to have fun with your colleagues, including TIC night at the Iowa Cubs, employee appreciation tailgate party, Adventureland day, State Fair tickets, annual holiday party, drive-in movie night… we could go on and on
- Monthly departmental celebrations, jeans days and clinic-wide competitions
- Health and wellness program with up to $350/year in incentives
- Employee feedback surveys
- All employee meetings, team huddles and transparent communication