Senior Project Engineer, Mechanical
Development of innovative mechanical and electromechanical products in a fast-paced, global environment and delivery of multiple, concurrent projects.
- Drive and direct ODM Mechanical Engineers to complete design and development work according to quality, schedule, cost and budget targets using InVue NPD process
- Collaborate closely with InVue US project teams to understand and deliver product requirements thru ODM resources
- Manage mechanical design and engineering of multiple concurrent projects
- Report to InVue US on project progress:
- Weekly project reporting to US Program Management on project status
- Support bi-weekly reporting to US Executive Leadership on high-level project status (cost, schedule, budget, issues/risks)
- Collaborate closely with Asia Operations manufacturing engineers (MPE’s) to develop and deploy manufacturing and tooling plans
- Proactively work with ODM on issue resolution and problem solving
- Hands-on approach to supporting new product development from concept thru production with high level of ownership and personal accountability.
- Frequent travel to key ODM’s to support development of new products, trial builds and pilot runs
- Utilize PDM and PLM systems to manage CAD & other electronic files
- Communicate clearly and proactively with Program Manager on Mechanical Engineering risks and potential mitigation plans, potential delays or cost overruns
- Expected to be able to drive teams of ODM Mechanical Engineers on more complex projects and provide mentoring and technical leadership to less experienced ODM engineers
- Participate in design reviews and brainstorming sessions cross-functionally
- Collaborate with sub-suppliers and manufacturing engineers to incorporate design for manufacturing feedback and design for cost considerations.
- Manage formal engineering documentation release process for new designs
- Review tool and part quotes, provide feedback
- Collaborate with Quality team in China and CLT to drive quality control plans and quality audit plans as well as ensure test lab capabilities from Mechanical perspective
- Mechanical Engineering degree required
- 4+ years of Senior Project Engineering and/or project management, preferably in fast-pace environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- 7+ years of relevant mechanical design and development experience.
- Technical leadership experience preferred, with emphasis on mentoring and being accountable for team results
- Skilled in parametric design in 3D solid modeling and surfacing, preferably Solid Works
- Understand and apply current techniques for design and manufacture of plastic parts and electro-mechanical packaging
- Phase gate product development experience
- Experience working with various manufacturing processes, primarily plastic injection molding, stamping and machining
- Ability to show initiative, to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
- Persuasive, encouraging, positive approach to working with others, and overall strong interpersonal skills
- Strong written and oral English language skills