Electrical Engineer – Hardware
The Electrical Engineer for Hardware Development will design and develop innovative new products in a fast-paced environment across multiple projects. Design challenges at InVue include very small form factor, very low power, analog sensing, wired and wireless power delivery, user interaction and feedback, wired and wireless communication as well as applicable future technologies in consumer type applications.
- Design board-level solutions, with an emphasis on schematic design, component selection that support target cost of the product, PCB floor planning of analog and digital circuits, and design testing/debugging.
- Design of the functional circuit is supported by analytical calculations and circuit simulation.
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Industrial Designers, and Engineers in order to deliver products that differentiate InVue in the market.
- Provide product cost/capability benefit analysis to Product Managers to ensure the best final solution.
- Author and assist with Product Requirements Documents and Technical Requirements Documents and specifications for well-organized product development.
- Responsible for hands-on design, review, prototyping, bring-up, debugging, verification and validation testing as well as manufacturing start-up support.
- Develop product qualification plans as well as manufacturing test plans to be used by both internal technicians and manufacturing partners.
- Review product test methods, fixtures and results from both internal and partner technicians for test efficacy and product qualification.
- Work with sustaining and compliance teams to ensure long term support of worldwide products.
- Implement product improvements to improve manufacturability and overall product cost
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering and 5+ years of relevant experience are required.
- History of designing from blank page, developing break through solutions, and delivering products and platforms that create revenue and profit.
- Proven track record to develop, debug, verify and characterize the designs
- Cleverness with very small form factor, elegant designs for high volume applications.
- Skilled with low power designs, analog sensing, data conversion, battery charging and DC power conversion.
- Experience with wireless systems for communication and power delivery a plus.
- Ability to deliver while handling multiple product priorities.
- Experience with FCC, CE, and other regulatory standards a plus
InVue (www.invue.com) creates technology solutions for retailers, commercial businesses, and Institutions that improve customer profitability, efficiency, and security. Today, InVue partners with top retailers and brands like Samsung, Apple, Microsoft, Lenovo, and Google around the world. InVue has been recognized as one of the fastest growing privately-held companies in the U.S. by Inc. Magazine for five of its ten years in business.