Business Development Manager - Germany
This Business Development Manager will drive the growth of revenue, profitability, and market share in Germany. To achieve this goal, the Business Development Manager will support new product introductions and develop direct relationships with key retail, telco and brand customers.
- Achieve annual sales revenue goals, new product sales goals, and gross margin goals by growing top-line revenue and penetrating deeply into key retail accounts including large local and multinational retailers
- Develop retailer relationships at a senior-level, which will include key loss prevention, category, and merchandising managers.
- Work closely with management team to support a wide range of business development activities including but not limited; strategy formulation, new product requirements and new business opportunities.
- Successfully drive revenue growth across multiple product platforms.
- Identify, evaluate, and report on market and customer opportunities.
- Develop and maintain high-level business relationships with key decision makers in the retail community and with assigned retailers or market segments
- Collaborate with InVue’s EMEA product marketing team regarding product price, quality, and design to deliver impactful product introductions
- Develop and execute a high-level sales and marketing strategy to better meet new customer needs and requirements—with the objective of both expanding business with current accounts and penetrating new markets and customers
- Provide weekly/monthly forecast; opportunity & weekly reporting to ensure the business has can support his/her activities/opportunities
- Identify, analyze, and report on competitive threats and pricing, customer concerns, and market dynamics.
- Work closely with customer service and product delivery team in order to ensure retail customers’ product requirements and delivery lead-times are met.
- University degree preferred.
- 6-10 years of experience in product sales with a track record of growing revenue, profitability, and market share
- Direct experience within retail industry, ideally b2b, CE, or mobile
- Sold into retailers with 100+ locations
- Strong sales hunter; new customer development accomplishments
- Strong success building, growing $2-5M USD Sales Quotas
- Strong success identifying, working, and closing $100K-$2.0M USD customer deals
- Excellent selling skills requiring high-level presentations, persuading, and negotiating with business partners, retailers and other key decision makers.
- Strong competency in selecting, training, motivating, and managing distributor partners and distributor partner personnel.
- Direct experience within retail industry, ideally within consumer electronics and/or smart phone and mobile device markets.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and communicate customer needs, marketplace dynamics, industry trends, and competitive threats within a market.
- Ability to analyze financial data, prepare accurate forecasts, measure and report (weekly, monthly, and quarterly) on performance.
- Understanding of the disciplines of strategic account planning, account management, new account development, and administration.
- Ability to implement sales programs and initiatives that are coordinated and consistent with the values and strategic direction of the Europe region and corporation.
- Exceptional presentation, communication, and people skills.
- Entrepreneurial, self-directed, and driven personality.
- Excellent German and English language skills.
- Ability and eagerness to travel frequently to be in front of customers and support InVue business growth.