Warehouse Supervisor will be responsible for a team of full time and temporary staff that perform the functions of receiving, put-away, inventory management, cycle counting and production/kitting.
- Manage facility operation and personnel of a regional warehouse, overseeing daily inventory transactions, warehouse layout and picking sequence for products.
- Motivate, supervise, train, and evaluate warehouse personnel in the performance of their duties. Ensure proper staff levels to maintain excellent customer service.
- Manage warehouse functions to meet company goals including receiving, cycle counting, replenishment of forward pick locations, kitting, light production, safety, and general operations management.
- Act as the primary point of contact to manage re-work and quality screening activities
- Ability to understand product re-work instructions and execute requests assuring desired outcome
- Responsible for the tracking, recording, and reporting hours spend on production, kitting, re-work and other activities
- Develop and drive projects to improve warehouse efficiency.
- Coordinate and plan routine cycle count program and oversee an annual physical inventory count.
- Establish and manage goals and metrics for team members to insure productivity and accuracy.
- Manage preventative maintenance and repairs of warehouse facility and equipment.
- Establish staffing requirements and coordinate personnel actions with the Warehouse Manager and Human Resources; hire, counsel, recognize, discipline, and terminate employees as needed; administer related personnel and safety policies, records, and reports.
- Develop and manage vendor relationships for warehouse products, supplies and services, ensuring balance of best cost and quality / service.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, supply chain, logistics/ distribution or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience
- Minimum 3 years acting in a supervisory role in a similar work environment
- Capable of working with individuals at all levels of an organization
- MS Office skills required
- Experience with AS400 a plus
- Must be highly organized and pay strong attention to detail
- Independent and resourceful
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work under pressure, multi-task and meet deadlines