Engineering Program Manager
Engineering Program Manager
The Engineering Program Manager will plan, execute, and finalize Software/Hardware Engineering Product Development projects in accord with committed timelines, performance requirements, and cost targets. The Program Manager is ultimately responsible for ensuring project progress and for evolving InVue’s New Product Development process.
- Plan, monitor, and control new Software Enabled Product Development projects from initiation to production release.
- Work with cross-functional Software/Hardware project teams to define project scope, goals and deliverables, and timeline to support business goals.
- Identify and implement improvements in InVue’s Software/Hardware New Product Development process.
- Ensure compliance with InVue’s New Product Development Process.
- Develop appropriate project plans and effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals – collaborate with department managers to obtain necessary resources.
- Draft and submit development timelines and then proactively recognize and react to threats to committed timelines.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, estimate impact of changes, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
- Manage Third Party vendors to keep alignment with project objectives
- Ensure quality and brand value of the product through collaboration with the innovation and quality teams.
- Conduct project postmortems and create a recommendations report to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Travel as required for the purpose of meeting with clients, stakeholders, vendors, or off-site personnel/management.
- 6+ years’ experience as a Engineering Program or Project Manager in a fast-paced Software/Hardware New Product development environment (preferably employed in an organization that designs and develops software enabled electro-mechanical devices).
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Mechanical Engineering.
- PMI Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification is strongly preferred.
- Technically competent with various software programs, such as Microsoft Project.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment is crucial.
- Persuasive, encouraging, motivating, and overall strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.