Senior Electronics Buyer
The Sr. Electronics Buyer is a key member of InVue Operations organization. They will be responsible for proposing, implementing, and executing material strategies to ensure sustainable supply chains are in place. This includes forecasting and planning InVue supplied and managed materials and proposing supply strategies to mitigate market risk.
- Develop and recommend supply strategies for InVue supplied materials and other “high risk” materials. Analyze lead times, expected volumes, manufacturing trends and availability of spot market supply or alternatives.
- Identify electronic component alternates to understand feasibility of being used in our existing products
- Issue purchase orders to raw materials vendors and manage appropriate inventory levels in support of demand for InVue supplied materials.
- Expedite and monitor production and shipments as needed to maintain appropriate inventory in support of actual and planned demand.
- Follow established inventory policies, guidelines, and approvals.
- Develop, maintain, and communicate a planned purchase forecast to the supply base facilitating planning of InVue supplied and managed raw materials.
- Assist with raw material supply issues with Global suppliers, both InVue and vendor controlled, to help manage/reduce lead times and high MOQs.
- Monitor supplier owned/managed raw material inventories on critical components to ensure appropriate supply to support demand within agreed lead-times and reducing the risk of excess and obsolete inventories.
- Work closely with New Product Development/Brands/ECR Supply Chain Managers, and the Engineering team to insure we select parts with a sustainable supply chain and that we develop supply strategies insuring continuous supply
- Manage and report stock levels of excess raw materials at contract manufactures to validate and recommend pre-payment, report usage, and identify items that can be used at other suppliers.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Supply Chain, Electrical Engineering, or another relevant field
- 5+ years of experience in relevant field
- Strong Electrical Component buying experience
- Experience working with bills of material and system item attributes
- Experience working with Asia Pacific suppliers
- Willingness to conduct conference calls at night as required to fulfill job responsibilities
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time and to prioritize according to critical needs
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills, both written and verbal