Senior Software Developer
App Developer is responsible for creating and updating business applications for Android and iOS. The App Developer will be involved in migrating current iOS and Android apps to a hybrid app using React-Native. This person will be a well-versed programming expert that understands business processes and multiple programming languages.
- Work with our agile development team to implement new features in Android (Java) and iOS (Swift).
- Implement Beacon functionality for Android and iOS.
- Implement code to work with Rest APIs.
- Participate in daily scrum meetings to prioritize tasks.
- Work with product owner to define user stories and estimates.
- An interest in React Native
- A willingness and drive to acquire new skills, provide input, and grow with the company and software development team.
- Ability to work individually on a task or project, and as a team member on larger system projects.
- Excellent oral and written skills, and an ability to communicate well with technical and non-technical personnel daily, while working in a results-oriented organization under strict guidelines and a devotion to exceptional end-user experiences.
INVUE’s TECHNOLOGY STACK
- Invue’s Apps are an Enterprise Applications and they are distributed through an MDM or side loaded.
- iOS: Swift 4, EVReflection, SwiftJson, SwiftEventBus,FCM, and AWS SDK.
- Android: Dagger, Google Volley, Otto, AWS SDK.
- Click stream handling uses AWS Kinesis, Lambda and Elastic Search.
- Github, AWS Code Pipeline and Code Build are used for development process.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; preferred in Computer Science or Engineering.
- 6+ years of Development experience.
- 3+ years of software development experience on a team with at least 5 developers.
- 3+ year of experience with Android or iOS development.
- Strong programming skills and working knowledge in one or more of the following programming languages: Java (Android), or Swift/Objective C (iOS).
- Work experience with Git and other CI tools.
- Eye for design is desirable with internal and external customers.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, operate gracefully under stress and handle multiple assignments in parallel.
- Strong communication skills in one of the following languages: English or French.
NICE TO HAVES
- Ability to remotely monitor, diagnose and troubleshoot issues
- Experience working with retail demo apps will be considered a plus
- Familiarity with Android and iOS face tracking libraries
- Familiarity with Accessibility services will be huge plus
- Office is a 5-minute walk from the Metro Line
- Competitive package
- Performance bonus
- Supplemental healthcare plan