IT Security Engineer
IT Security Engineer
The primary responsibilities of the IT Security Engineer include providing support, standards development and maintenance, project support, management of firewalls and end points, event monitoring, and vendor assessments. The successful candidate will be an integral member of the IT department. The successful candidate should also have deep hands-on experience with firewalls, networking, and security technologies. Candidate will also work with software development security, penetration, and vulnerability scan mitigation.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Review and analyzes network alerts and system logs from various sources within the enterprise and determine possible causes of such alerts, and coordinate remediation efforts.
- Reviews and analyzes network traffic to identify anomalous activity and potential threats to network resources.
- Assists in developing a strong security framework for the organization.
- Assists in reviewing security audits with customer.
- Assists with vendor security reviews.
- Identifies potential points of vulnerability within the network.
- Examines network topologies to understand flows through the network.
- Keep company updated on new and emerging cyber security concerns and prevention techniques.
- Maintains knowledge of current security best practices.
- Work closely with the Network Manager to strengthen network security and provide the organization with timely training.
- Supports off-hours maintenance activities for upgrades, patches, or other implementations for the global company.
- Maintains and administers perimeter security systems such as firewalls and intrusion detection systems, such as, Crowdstrike and Azure Sentinel.
- Work with the cyber security policy team to develop and fine tune policies and procedures.
Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
Experience: 3+ years supporting configuration and testing Firewall, IDS, and IPS technologies, implementing and deploying Information Security Best Practices, Network Routing, Switching, and Security Design infrastructures; 3+ years of experience in troubleshooting and analysis tools
- Evaluates and recommends solutions for highly complex security systems according to industry best practices to safeguard internal information systems and databases.
- Support the global company with on-call duties.
- Ability to understand technologies used in event and log collections.
- Ability to identify vulnerability and work with others on solution to provide a proper security solution.
- Forensics and incident response
- Network defense
- Vulnerability scanning and management
- Network segmentation
- Familiarity with CIS, NIST, or other security framework
- Security certifications, such as PenTest+, CSSP, CCSP, CSSP, or similar certification a plus.