Country Manager Business Development - Spain
This Country Manager will drive the growth of revenue, profitability, and market share within the rapidly growing market of Spain & Portugal. In order to achieve this goal, the Business Development Manager will both support the assigned Business Partner as well as develop direct relationships with the principals from the key retail customers and OEMs. This person will have a sales team of 5 people that they will be accountable for.
- Establish and manage revenue goals (monthly, quarterly, and yearly) for the Spain territory working with and for the Business Partner.
- Work with the team in order to build and achieve a list of the top priority customers and initiatives.
- Drive test and showcase locations especially within the top mobile carriers and their respective dealer networks.
- Develop retailer and OEM relationships at a senior level, which will include key LP, trade marketing, category, IT and merchandising managers.
- Assist as required in the initiative to have Spain based and / or assembled inventory.
- Work closely with management team to support a wide range of business development activities including channel plans, strategy formulation, pricing levels, new product requirements, competitive reviews and analysis, and any other new business opportunities.
- Successfully drive revenue growth across the multiple product platforms.
- Identify, evaluate, and report on market and customer opportunities.
- Ensure that distributor partner has the appropriate sales and service resources supporting InVue.
- Participate in distributor partner’s sales presentations to key retailers as needed.
- Motivate distributor partner through the implementation of sales and incentive programs.
- Provide and coordinate technical training as required for new product launches and existing product support.
- Direct distributor partner pricing and stock levels.
- Develop new partner channels
- Identify, analyze, and report on competitive threats and pricing, customer concerns, and market dynamics.
- Work closely with customer service and product delivery team in order to ensure that distributor partner’s and retail customers’ product requirements and delivery lead-times are met.
- University degree preferred.
- Madrid based.
- 5+ years’ experience in product sales with an proven track record of growing revenue, profitability, and market share.
- Excellent sales management and selling skills requiring high-level presentations, persuading, and negotiating with retailers and other key decision makers.
- Strong competency in selecting, training, motivating, and managing personnel.
- Direct experience within retail industry, ideally within consumer electronics and/or smart phone and mobile device markets.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and communicate customer needs, marketplace dynamics, industry trends, and competitive threats within a market.
- Ability to analyze financial data, prepare accurate forecasts, measure and report (weekly, monthly, and quarterly) on performance.
- Understanding of the disciplines of strategic account planning, account management, new account development, and administration.
- Ability to implement sales programs and initiatives that are coordinated and consistent with the values and strategic direction of the region and whole corporation.
- Exceptional presentation, communication, and people skills.
- Entrepreneurial, self-directed, and driven personality.
- Excellent Spanish and English language skills.
- Ability and eagerness to travel frequently to be in front of customers and support InVue business growth.