Senior Software Engineer
We are looking for a full-stack developer interested in building performant web applications, cloud services, and APIs. You will be responsible for architecting and building these solutions, as well as coordinating with the teams responsible for other layers of the product infrastructure. Being an agile team, you will be required to work on React (web), Node back-ends, and configuring/provisioning cloud services in Azure and Google Cloud Platform (GCP). Building a product is a highly collaborative effort, and as such, a strong team player with a commitment to good coding practices is required.
- Work in an agile development team
- Participate in daily scrum meetings to help prioritize tasks
- Work with product owner to help break down user stories and provide estimates
- A willingness and drive to acquire new skills, provide input, and grow with the company and the team
- Ability to work individually on a task or project, and as a team member on larger system projects
- Excellent oral and written skills, and an ability to communicate well with technical and non-technical personnel daily, while working in a results-oriented organization under strict guidelines and a devotion to exceptional end-user experiences
INVUE’s TECHNOLOGY STACK
- Infrastructure: Google Cloud, Azure, and AWS
- Cloud Services: CloudRun, Managed Kubernetes
- Server-side development: Node.js, Express, Docker
- Database: PostgreSQL, Redis
- Bachelor’s Degree required; preferred in Computer Science or Engineering
- 6+ years of software development experience
- 3+ years of software development experience on a team with at least 5 developers
- Strong understanding of Computer Science fundamentals
- Knowledge of functional and object-oriented programming
- Rock solid at working with third-party dependencies and debugging dependency conflicts
- Understanding of REST APIs, the document request model.
- Experience with automated testing suites, like Jest or Mocha
- Knowledge of Node, NPM, Express a plus.
- Familiar with GIT workflows.
- Strong cloud computing development experience
- Good knowledge of general software architecture, micro-services, cloud native principles
- Strong critical thinker and problem solver
- HTML5 and CSS3 experience is a nice to have
- Work experience with Git and CI/CD tools
- Eye for UI and UX design is desirable
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, operate gracefully under stress and handle multiple assignments in parallel
- Fluent in English