Product Manager, IoT Products
Product Manager, IoT Products
This Product Manager role will be responsible for leading all InVue’s current and future IoT based products including the company’s Device Management, Intelligent Sensing and LIVE Secure Display and Zips product classes.
This role includes expanding InVue’s current IoT product set as well as ushering the current product categories of Package Protection and Secure Fixtures into next generation IoT solutions which will help shape the future of in-store Retail operations.
Device Management is a new category of IoT products that automate management of TVs, laptops and computers on retail display while collecting valuable data and business intelligence to assist retailers and brands in improving their merchandising.
Intelligent Sensing is a new category of IoT products that helps retailers streamline their in-store operations and increase sales. These sensors include but are not limited to the On-Shelf Availability Sensors.
LIVE Secure Display and Zips provide a connected platform of solutions for smartphones, tablets and CE accessories on retail display that enable retailers to elevate consumer experience and enhance loss prevention while streamlining operations and in store merchandising execution.
The Product Manager, IoT Products will be accountable for maintaining and growing the current revenue for existing products while introducing innovative, connected IoT products to expand and build upon the value of the current products. Overall, the products in this product line designed to facilitate sales while reducing costs for retailers.
Reporting to the Vice President, Display Merchandise, the Product Manager, IoT Products will collaborate with key customers and InVue’s sales team, regional marketing managers and innovation teams. This hands-on role requires product marketing, road mapping, technology research and development, business development, channel strategy and commercialization skills. The Product Manager will also support the continued success of existing portfolio products.
In addition to owning the IoT products, the Product Manager will also help define the IoT user experience via app and web interface to ensure there is uniformity and ease of use across our IoT platform of products.
As the key business champion for IoT products, the ideal candidate will interface with industry thought leaders, customers, and strategic partners. He/ She will also work closely with decision makers in marketing, engineering, and sales leadership to ensure the product line is correctly presented to the market. The role will be measured on achievement of revenue and margin growth goals of the category. Growth in new retail customers and through new contacts in existing retail customers is essential to revenue goal achievement.
- Embrace the leadership role of “Product Champion” for InVue’s IoT product platform.
- Manage products from strategic planning to tactical activities.
- Develop and execute winning product strategies as measured by share gain, market position, and revenue growth and profitability.
- Drive cradle to execution of the product life cycle for all segments - taking products from strategy and concept, through the development process and product launch, to a successful ramp and sustained commercial success.
- Define product positioning and key product messaging for assigned products, partner with Marketing on the development of product launch activities, clear value propositions, and outbound marketing materials.
- Approach Product Management from a global perspective, taking into to consideration regional market and technical requirements.
- Energize and educate customers, partners, and sales team about how InVue can add value to retailers’ operations through our connected, intelligent ecosystem.
- Work with global sales team to build key relationships within the retail industry and various other industry segments to ensure we are in the forefront of B2B IoT offerings.
- Develop and maintain a multiyear development roadmap that continues to facilitate the InVue product portfolio transition from discrete, single function security products to connected, intelligent, data rich offerings.
- Understand market dynamics, voice of customer, competitive product offerings, and bring product improvement and new product recommendations into discussion.
- Author new product development proposals that leverage detailed analysis of markets, voice of customer and competitive product analysis and outline core product requirements, go to market plans and a business case for best-in-class solutions.
- Energize and educate retailers, sales partners, and direct sales team as to the benefits of IoT product portfolio.
- Provide input and direction to UI for the app facing elements of IoT products.
- 4+ years of experience in a product marketing or product management role with IoT and software products.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Science, Design or Engineering discipline, MBA a plus.
- Demonstrated experience and success in managing IoT, Software as well as Hardware product definitions, product lifecycle, pricing strategy, and marketing collateral that have led to organic growth for managed product category.
- Proven history of impacting business both strategically and tactically.
- Resourceful leader who can effectively navigate across organization to get things done.
- Demonstrates international business acumen based on previous global experience.
- Effective communication, planning, prioritizing, and organization skills.
- Ability to productively collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Exceptional presentation skills.
- Proof of success in a fast-paced, multitasking global environment.
- Excellent voice of customer, customer service and problem resolution skills.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Power Point).
- Ability to travel upward of 30%, including international travel.