Director of Business Operations
Internet Brands is looking for a strategic, innovative leader to drive the business operations, revenue growth and future direction of our automotive enthusiast portfolio. We are looking for a Director of Business Operations who has the passion, energy, intellect and a successful track record of growing digital businesses to fuel our next chapter of growth. Our automotive classifieds group includes five auto classifieds websites that generate 4+ million in revenue and serve the enthusiast, racing, motorsports, classic car and hot rod markets. This position is based at our headquarters located in El Segundo, California. You can learn more about our automotive brands here.
- Provide leadership across all parts of the business and manage teams responsible for day-to-day business operations including sales, customer service, account management, content creation, product development, marketing and business development.
- Build expert-level understanding of the industry and develop strategies to maintain and grow our leadership position.
- Lead efforts to drive revenue across multiple revenue streams (media advertising, classified ad postings, membership sales).
- Own and fully manage the P&L.
- Develop and manage operational budgets, and perform periodic cost and productivity analysis. Establish metrics for the business to drive decisions.
- Understand and develop strategies and activities to grow audience/users in a profitable manner.
- Monitor, measure, and report on operational issues, opportunities and development plans against company objectives.
- Minimum 4 years demonstrated experience growing revenue and profit for a digital business.
- Ability to interact with and to develop relationships with a diverse group of personnel ranging from senior executives to middle managers to technical individual contributors.
- Strong business sense – an excellent understanding of costs and benefits and an ability to use that understanding to prioritize activities.
- Analytical – demonstrated experience tracking core business metrics and driving decisions based on that data.
- Organized – able to keep multiple balls in the air and to deconstruct complex activities into their component parts, tracks those parts, and manage activities to completion.
- Excellent communication skills – able to take complex information and succinctly and effectively communicate both in verbal and written formats.
- Team Player – able to work cross-functionally, build partnerships, and share knowledge.
- Automotive industry expertise; motorsports enthusiast a plus.
- Bachelors degree; MBA a plus.
Success starts with having the right people. At Internet Brands, we value and mentor each member of our growing team. We seek out talented, goal-oriented professionals who live and breathe the Internet and thrive in a flexible but challenging work environment. Our team of innovators has enabled Internet Brands to sustain high levels of profitability and success while successfully evolving along with the Internet for almost 15 years.
We promote an entrepreneurial, friendly culture that applauds innovation and results while embracing change and independence. Our employees are intensely driven and constantly encouraged to reach higher and use creativity to achieve success – all the while enjoying high levels of collaboration and the luxury of coming to work in jeans and flip flops. We are proud to offer a unique blend of the innovation of a start-up with the history, stability, and benefits of an established corporation.
Internet Brands and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.