Director, Technical Program Management
The Director of Program Management is responsible for the overall project and program management function and team, providing leadership, coordination, strategic direction, and management of all technical project management processes and functions. Working with a broad group of business, product and technology leaders, this individual will ensure prioritization and successful delivery of initiatives across the Health vertical at Internet Brands.
- Prioritize, execute, and deliver projects within multiple areas of the company.
- Strategically advise on projects priorities, options, risks, costs versus benefits, and impacts on other business priorities.
- Ensure alignment of projects and requirements to strategic objectives.
- Provide transparent frequent updates, manage sponsor expectations, and keep all stakeholders informed of the progress of all projects.
- Lead the identification and implementation of the project management processes and methodologies best suited to support the evolving needs of product and project delivery teams.
- Oversee project management team, providing insight to project management practices, training and oversight.
- Direct the management, implementation, and reporting of multiple large and complex projects: develop timelines, make staffing decisions based on assessment of team member's skills and workloads, and identify potential obstacles.
- Provide training and development opportunities and serve in a mentoring role for the team.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience managing programs with multiple projects/work streams (ideally in a web/software company).
- Demonstrated experience and implementation success with various agile methodologies such as Scrum and Kanban.
- Strong ability to use project management tracking and reporting tools such as JIRA.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or PMI-ACP preferred.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Master’s in Computer Science or Business Administration a plus.
Professional Skill Requirements:
- Ability to work independently, prioritize and manage multiple projects from inception to completion, and manage multiple deadlines between cross functional teams.
- Demonstrates skills in leadership, negotiation, conflict management, problem solving.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent teamwork skills.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Enjoys a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment and thrives on multitasking.
About Internet Brands:
Headquartered in El Segundo, Calif., Internet Brands® is a fully integrated online media and software services organization focused on four high-value vertical categories: Health, Automotive, Legal, and Home/Travel. The company's award-winning consumer websites lead their categories and serve more than 250 million monthly visitors, while a full range of web presence offerings has established deep, long-term relationships with SMB and enterprise clients. Internet Brands' powerful, proprietary operating platform provides the flexibility and scalability to fuel the company's continued growth. Internet Brands is a portfolio company of KKR and Temasek. For more information, please visit www.internetbrands.com.
Internet Brands and its wholly-owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.