Lead PHP Developer
Internet Brands is currently seeking a Lead PHP Developer to help shape the development of our engineering team. As Lead Developer, you will be a key member of our top-shelf engineering team with lots of growth potential. You will be joining a team committed to working on high quality code and will work closely with the product team to develop new features for our platform.
- Design, estimate, and code new features. This is primarily a coding position.
- Architect new applications, and expand existing ones.
- Collaborate on enterprise architecture with other teams at Internet Brands.
- Investigate and fix production issues.
- Define, document, and enforce engineering standards.
- Perform code reviews of your team members' work.
- Mentor junior engineers.
- Participate in software design discussions.
- Participate in sprint planning and other project management meetings.
- Ensure all code that goes to production is of top quality.
- Ensure existing applications are scaled to meet expected demand.
- Identify and fix gaps in system reliability, such as production monitoring.
- Continuously improve the software infrastructure, such as the deployment process.
- 7+ years with object-oriented programming in PHP.
- Complex SQL queries and database schema design.
- MVC frameworks (Laravel, Yii).
- Experience with modern server components (Memcache, Redis, ActiveMQ, Solr)
- Working in a collaborative team environment using tools like JIRA and Git.
- Consuming and creating web services.
- Stable work history and an ability to collaborate effectively.
Nice to have:
- Scrum, Kanban, or other agile methodologies.
- Collaborating with engineering teams in multiple locations.
- Systems integration.
- Distributed systems.
- Service oriented architecture.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Unit testing.
- Load testing.
- Page load optimization.
- Responsive design.
- BS/MS from a 4 year college.
About Internet Brands:
Headquartered in El Segundo, Calif., Internet Brands® is a fully integrated online media and software services organization focused on four high-value vertical categories: Health, Automotive, Legal, and Home/Travel. The company's award-winning consumer websites lead their categories and serve more than 250 million monthly visitors, while a full range of web presence offerings has established deep, long-term relationships with SMB and enterprise clients. Internet Brands' powerful, proprietary operating platform provides the flexibility and scalability to fuel the company's continued growth. Internet Brands is a portfolio company of KKR and Temasek. For more information, please visit www.internetbrands.com.
Internet Brands and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.