Business Development Manager - IB Media Group
Los Angeles-based Internet Brands is seeking a smart, professional full-time Business Development and Revenue Operations Manager to assist with monetization and revenue analysis across our larger portfolio of media brands including Fodors.com, CorvetteForum.com, Doityourself.com, FlyerTalk.com and more. This is a key role on our Ad Operations team and reports to the General Manager of Revenue Operations & Business Development.
- Take ownership of affiliate & programmatic revenue for over 120 websites.
- Coordinate internally with each of our operations teams to maintain best practices, new partnerships, etc.
- Manage relationships with over a dozen monetization partners, including day-to-day communications, quarterly reviews, etc.
- Be the first point of contact for incoming partnership leads and vet any new business opportunities to determine potential.
- Negotiate contracts for new partnerships to ensure we maximize revenue/minimize cost.
- Produce and interpret revenue reports, web traffic reports, and budget analyses.
- Prepare monthly forecasts and annual budgets along with variance analysis.
- Generate ad hoc reports, as required.
- Partner with analysts to develop modeling for strategic projects.
- Create executive summaries of reports to show at a glance what is happening now and what needs to be done moving forward.
- Set up/modify campaigns in Google Ad Manager (GAM) and manage rules and protections.
- Keep abreast of new trends and technologies for website monetization.
- Travel to trade conferences to build new connections and scope new revenue opportunities.
- Be a thought leader for the Travel & Leisure division.
- Work with product and tech teams to troubleshoot ad tags and monetization.
An outstanding candidate will possess:
- 2-3 years’ experience in online ad operations or business development at a digital media company or ad agency
- Outstanding analytical ability
- Top-notch MS Excel chops
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- A strong attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience with Google Ad Manager (GAM) a big plus
- Familiarity with header bidding and other monetization technologies a plus
About Internet Brands:
Headquartered in El Segundo, Calif., Internet Brands® is a fully integrated online media and software services organization focused on four high-value vertical categories: Health, Automotive, Legal, and Home/Travel. The company's award-winning consumer websites lead their categories and serve more than 250 million monthly visitors, while a full range of web presence offerings has established deep, long-term relationships with SMB and enterprise clients. Internet Brands' powerful, proprietary operating platform provides the flexibility and scalability to fuel the company's continued growth. Internet Brands is a portfolio company of KKR and Temasek. For more information, please visit www.internetbrands.com.
Internet Brands and its wholly-owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.