Entry-Level Community Specialist - Travel
Los Angeles based Internet Brands is seeking a smart, professional full-time Community Specialist to assist with operations and marketing Fodor’s Travel and the rest of our Travel & Leisure properties. This is a key role on the team whose work will enable Fodors.com, FlyerTalk.com, and other sites to continue to grow and thrive. This position reports to the Director of Operations for Fodor’s Travel.
- Ensure that the world-class travel content appearing in Fodor’s guide books also makes it onto the web.
- Check for and correct errors in content.
- Work with tech team to improve and streamline content refresh process.
- Work with our production editorial team to keep our books on-schedule.
- Benchmark versus competitors and conduct competitive analysis to inform strategy.
- Other operational tasks including: customizing and emailing out large quantities of outreach to the broader travel community and entering data into the content management system.
- Develop and update training materials and documentation.
- Assist with marketing initiatives including: analyzing data and providing strategic insights to inform business decisions, growing social media followers and engagement, etc.
An outstanding candidate will possess:
- A strong attention to detail.
- The tenacity to stick with a task until it’s complete.
- The ability to read and digest technical specifications, and make recommendations based on that knowledge.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Proactive, willing to chip in, a team player.
- A passion for all things travel.
- PC proficiency, including Google Suite, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- A balance of analytical (data-driven), strategic, and creative thinking.
Success starts with having the right people. At Internet Brands, we value and mentor each member of our growing team. We seek out talented, goal-oriented professionals who live and breathe the Internet and thrive in a flexible but challenging work environment. Our team of innovators has enabled Internet Brands to sustain high levels of profitability and success while evolving along with the Internet for over 20 years.
At IB, we promote an entrepreneurial, friendly culture that applauds innovation and results while embracing change and independence. Our employees are intensely driven and constantly encouraged to reach higher and use creativity to achieve success – all the while enjoying high levels of collaboration and the luxury of coming to work in jeans and sneakers. We are proud to offer a unique blend of the innovation of a start-up with the history, stability, and benefits of an established corporation.
Internet Brands and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.