Customer Service Representative (Part-Time)
Los Angeles based online media company, Internet Brands is currently looking for a Part-Time Customer Service Representative to work with vBulletin, the world’s leading community software brand.
Internet Brands is an exciting, fast-paced company that has remained at the cutting edge e-business for over 20 years and running. We are a hub for well over 200 of the web’s most well-respected commerce sites and communities. Working with any of our popular websites allows you to really get your feet wet building critical business skills in a casual and fun environment. We also pride ourselves on our “flat” management structure, where you’ll learn and train under high performing managers and leading executives.
Within Internet Brands, vBulletin is its own special jewel. For starters, vBulletin is the software platform that powers the vast majority of our websites across all marketing vertical. Additionally, vBulletin has been the global leader in community software for well over a decade. We are a close-knit, hardworking team of technical and business professionals from all over the world; and now we are looking to expand our team by adding one special person to our special team. Could that be you?
Here's what you'll be doing:
-Answering sales and marketing questions from prospective customers.
-Assisting our new customers with becoming acquainted with their new community software.
-Connecting our existing customers with the right technical professional to aid them in customizing their community experience.
-Updating customer data, as well as corresponding with customers via email.
-Occasionally writing and creating content for various forum communities.
-Helping to minimize fraudulent activity and false information.
-Various other administrative, sales and marketing duties as assigned.
If you're going to be successful in this role, here are some of our MUST HAVE’S:
- Be punctual and consistent; plain and simple.
- Be a great communicator! We are looking for someone who is skilled and competent both verbally and in writing.
- Have a positive demeanor and professional phone etiquette. If chosen, you will be upholding vBulletin’s long tradition of world-class customer service!
- Be nice! You’ll be in good company.
- Have a strong ability to work alone on assignments given and bring them to completion with minimal mistakes and no excuses.
Here are some things that, while not necessary, will add strength to your candidacy. Please let us know if you have any of these going for you:
- ANY previous experience using or moderating vBulletin community software.
- Experience and/or interest in web communities and/or forums in general.
- Previous experience working in a call center environment or inside sales experience of any kind.
- Have experience or at least an interest in software, the internet, mobile devices (e.g. iPhones, iPads, Androids et al),
- Have solid experience navigating and/or using major social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google Plus)
- Be great with numbers and/or computers. Our culture is analytical and data-driven.
About Internet Brands:
Headquartered in El Segundo, Calif., Internet Brands® is a fully integrated online media and software services organization focused on four high-value vertical categories: Health, Automotive, Legal, and Home/Travel. The company's award-winning consumer websites lead their categories and serve more than 250 million monthly visitors, while a full range of web presence offerings has established deep, long-term relationships with SMB and enterprise clients. Internet Brands' powerful, proprietary operating platform provides the flexibility and scalability to fuel the company's continued growth. Internet Brands is a portfolio company of KKR and Temasek. For more information, please visit www.internetbrands.com.
Internet Brands and its wholly-owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.