Content Operations Manager, Fodor's
Fodor’s Travel has been a leader in expert travel for 80 years and is part of digital media powerhouse Internet Brands. We hire local writers who know their destinations better than anyone else, allowing us to provide the best travel recommendations for all tastes and budget in over 7,500 worldwide destinations. And we deliver our expertise in every format that travelers need, from print guidebooks and eBooks, to Fodors.com and our mobile apps, as well as across our social media platforms.
Fodor’s seeks a Content Operations Manager to join our premier travel content team. Your primary responsibilities are to manage the on-going projects and coordinate with technical, editorial, and operational teams.
The Ideal Candidate:
You are a genius at prioritization and organization. You see the big picture, quickly recognize what it takes to achieve it, and get there. In this role, you’ll be the main point of contact for the editorial, business, and technical teams and will be involved in all day-to-day operational aspects of our CMS strategy. You will need to think on your feet and develop processes to keep things moving on schedule. If you're looking for your next challenge, this is an excellent opportunity to help define publishing in the digital age.
- Collaborate with business and editorial teams to define requirements and separate ‘must-haves’ from ‘nice-to-haves’.
- Track the day-to-day deliverables from technical resources.
- Work with the right people to effectively drive projects from concept to launch.
- Identify and resolve pain points with our day-to-day work.
- Resolve project, design, or resource issues before they cause delays.
- Keep business owners and executives up to date on project status and potential issues.
- Assist with support for our global team of writers when required.
- Some professional experience in project management or project coordination, or as a producer. Or equivalent experience leading development teams.
- Tech-savvy; past experience dealing with technical resources, or at least a strong interest in consumer or business technology.
- Familiarity with project processes, such as: scheduling, prioritization, documentation, risk analysis, contingency planning, etc.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail, follow-through, and organizational skills.
- Strong problem solving skills, along with a broad mindset, and open to creative solutions.
- A leader who is also a team player.
Nice to have:
- Past experience discussing requirements with business managers or end-users.
- Past experience working in an environment that demanded adaptability and creativity.
- Substantial experience with blogging or content management systems, such as WordPress, Drupal, or Medium.com.
- Experience with Jira, Trello, or similar project-management and issue-tracking tools.
- Experience with agile methodologies such as Scrum or Kanban.
Success starts with having the right people. At Internet Brands, we value and mentor each member of our growing team. We seek out talented, goal-oriented professionals who live and breathe the Internet and thrive in a flexible but challenging work environment. Our team of innovators has enabled Internet Brands to sustain high levels of profitability and success while evolving along with the Internet for over 20 years.
At IB, we promote an entrepreneurial, friendly culture that applauds innovation and results while embracing change and independence. Our employees are intensely driven and constantly encouraged to reach higher and use creativity to achieve success – all the while enjoying high levels of collaboration and the luxury of coming to work in jeans and sneakers. We are proud to offer a unique blend of the innovation of a start-up with the history, stability, and benefits of an established corporation.
Internet Brands and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.