Customer Support Representative
The Customer Support Representative position provides high quality telephonic / non-telephonic support and problem resolution to customers each day, in a manner that meets or exceeds defined department objectives to protect and increase Martindale LLC revenues. Additionally, this position initiates the escalation process for unresolved customer problems. CS Representatives performing at this level will be required to utilize skills from training, education, or experience to fulfill their daily responsibilities.
Representatives with advanced education, experience or certifications will be expected to share their skills and knowledge into the department to continually improve the overall knowledge of the staff. In addition, this position will work in a team environment to maximize individual and team performance.
- Work includes assisting customers telephonically or non-telephonically with service and support issues.
- Diagnose and resolve problems utilizing department tools, resources, business judgment and expertise, resulting in increased customer confidence with Martindale-Hubbell products.
- Individuals are expected to perform as positive role models by demonstrating continuous performance improvement, solid business skills and support of department and company objectives.
- Ensure productivity and quality levels are met in order to meet and exceed customer expectations.
- Provide proactive support to segmented customer groups.
- Research and troubleshoot Website design issues and questions ranging from simple to complex in a timely manner.
- Provide customers with expert advice that will assist them in achieving the highest possible visibility on the web. This may range from online collaboration to search engine optimization tips.
- Possess troubleshooting skills for web site access, web applications, web browsers, e-mail problems, and internet problems.
- Participate in identification and prioritization of training and provide informal coaching to members of their team.
- Project participation and idea generation that insures continuous improvement of department tools and resources.
- Must be able to support and resolve confidential Ratings inquiries.
- Associate degree or higher preferred.
- Previous experience in a telephonic or personal customer contact position is preferred.
- Customer service orientation.
- Basic PC knowledge, working knowledge of Windows operating systems, Internet and mainstream web browsers.
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com or other CRM systems is a plus.
- Martindale-Hubbell products experience is a plus.
Success starts with having the right people. At Internet Brands, we value and mentor each member of our growing team. We seek out talented, goal-oriented professionals who live and breathe the Internet and thrive in a flexible but challenging work environment. Our team of innovators has enabled Internet Brands to sustain high levels of profitability and success while evolving along with the Internet for over 20 years.
At IB, we promote an entrepreneurial, friendly culture that applauds innovation and results while embracing change and independence. Our employees are intensely driven and constantly encouraged to reach higher and use creativity to achieve success – all the while enjoying high levels of collaboration and the luxury of coming to work in jeans and sneakers. We are proud to offer a unique blend of the innovation of a start-up with the history, stability, and benefits of an established corporation.
Internet Brands and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.